View Single Post
      09-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

I did the 1-day M School several weeks back and ordered my M5 as a result. I highly recomend going if you can. The track time clinched my decision about owning the M5. IMO, It is simply the best "all-rounder" car available (new or used) on the market today full stop!

That said, if I was going to track a car often (once a month or more) I would not choose the M5 and the M School experience taught me why. The M3 is simply better suited for track duty. Yes the M3 has less power and it might need some upgrades to better brake pads but any car you track often will need those. The M3 was much easier and predictable to drive hard. It goes whe you point it and at the limit it's easier to control. The M3 tells you where the limit is before you find it.. The M5 let's you find the limit and deal with the consequences.

In short, M5 is amazing! M3 is better track experience... And if I'm completely honest the little 1M had the most "fun factor". I won the 1M Rat Race! I came in a very close 2nd in the M3 slalom race. I was one of if not the fastest M5 on the full course (as evident by how often I was radioed into the pit passing lane to pass the cars I was catching). Btw.. I credit the reasons I was fast to listening to the instructors and lack of fear of damaging "their car" and not to better driving skill.
Appreciate 0