04-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
I hope Manhart will provide you with before and after dyno sheets? If not, then I don't know how on earth they are tuning your car for better performance!!
Thankfully Manhart and other tuners know how to tune cars then

Dynoing a car is just one way of measuring power gains. Acceleration timing and time between speeds is one other very good way of determining power gains. Possibly even better as that measurement is done with the car in a "real life" environment. Dynos have quite a few variables that can be misinterpreted or manipulated to make a small gain seem like a big one.

MHR have done before and after dyno runs on their own car. They have (from what I can tell) possibly done at least a after dyno run on this car. But more significant, there are comparable acceleration times for stock, Hartge, MH5S and M-Bitious's car. You cannot make a car that much quicker without some real power gains.

And, I would also think that MHR has done their development work on their own car so they know what changes to make to get the desired power level. If you buy a BMW Motorsport Power Kit for your BMW (for those models it's available for), BMW doesn't need to dyno every car before and after to know what power gain their tune makes. The majority of tuning companies use one or two cars for develoment work and then make their software and hardware based on the development results. Some offer dyno/acceleration timing of before and after if the customer desires it. But it's not like they develop a completely brand new software for each and every car of the same model they tune... Tuners usually have a base software which either is just flashed to the ECU "as is" or is individually adapted to each car.

Last edited by Boss330; 04-13-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0