View Single Post
      05-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #20
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
so you guys dont mind picking up your car, after endless months of wait and being excited for finally having your beast and then couple days later after big enjoyment get to your car just to find out that some silly cunt who wanted to rev your car for cameras smashed it into smth? even if its light damage? i know its just a car, but its your car, not his car, he should be 10000000 times more careful than you driving it even 100m straight

but all ppl are different, i am used to appreciate what i earn and have

also there is life insurance and medical insurance and shit loads of different insurances, so shall we f*ck ourself up and get insurance to pay for fixing us?
People often lose perspective: a car is inanimate object that, if damaged, can be repaired and/or replaced. Now, I am not advocating being careless - or even anything less than full blown obsessive - but it is still just a car and not a body part. I prefer not to valet my car, but it isn't always possible/practical. When I have to valet it, I always tip the guy very well - when I hand him the keys. Then I usually make some self-depricating remark about my obsessiveness with the car. No reason to come across elitist and thinking your car is somehow "special". In fact, I do the same when I valet my wife's MB or my truck. Honestly, I want to prevent damage from all my cars, whether $50K or $150K. I ask them to park it right up front or, if they can't do that, someplace very safe. So far, my luck has held out and that has been successful.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0