View Single Post
      08-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #23
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAlpineM6 View Post
I'm returning on my business trip tomorrow and plan on installing the catless DPs paired with the stock mufflers, this Tuesday.

I won't be happy with "rattling".

Now lets be clear about what's going on.

Mark -

A: the waste gates are operating the same way they did out of the factory and the downpipes are simply amplifying the sound. or -

B: the waste gates are not operating the same way they did stock. perhaps the extra exhaust flow is causing the waste gates to rattle and ultimatly malfunction.

?
Hey Alpha,

I got my Meisterschaft GTC installed at 1200 miles. I do not remember hearing any rattling at all before that time. After installation of the cat-back exhaust, I did note hearing some rattling in the 900-1200rpm range as the car was transitioning to idle. It was gone at idle.

After installing downpipes, this sound became amplified. I can hear it while driving at all speeds (most revs below 4000rpm; above that exhaust dominates all) always when revs are coming down (decelerating). This happens at all engine temps. I feel like there are two places it occurs. Coming down off revs, then it sort of goes away, but then returns just as the car is coming down to idle (coasting). Either way, it is louder, annoying and making me consider removing the downpipes. I have read it could either be a turbo/wastegate issue or just the actuators. I am going to take my car in next week to have them look at that specific issue.

Mark