Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Hey Alpha,

I got my Meisterschaft GTC installed at 1200 miles. I do not remember hearing any rattling at all before that time. After installation of the cat-back exhaust, I did note hearing some rattling in the 900-1200rpm range as the car was transitioning to idle. It was gone at idle.

After installing downpipes, this sound became amplified. I can hear it while driving at all speeds (most revs below 4000rpm; above that exhaust dominates all) always when revs are coming down (decelerating). This happens at all engine temps. I feel like there are two places it occurs. Coming down off revs, then it sort of goes away, but then returns just as the car is coming down to idle (coasting). Either way, it is louder, annoying and making me consider removing the downpipes. I have read it could either be a turbo/wastegate issue or just the actuators. I am going to take my car in next week to have them look at that specific issue.

Mark

I know, agree and hear everything you are describing.. mine does it even at idle too, it's very annoying. If it didn't do it at idle I would be Ok with it. Others don't hear it as much.. mine happens to be on the loud side. It's a total buzz kill because it sounds like the car has a loose exhaust or something. Mine is currently at the dealer.. its Def the wastegates but I don't know how it could be minimized... maybe possibly replace the waste gates?? I love the sound and benefits of the DP's but the wastegates have to be addressed somehow because I definitely don't want to have to remove my DP's because I like them a lot. I am also baffled as to why some hear it louder than others.
Appreciate 0