View Single Post
      05-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_FL View Post
the M5 and GTR both share the Getrag transmission. It is dual clutch, and having just come out of a GTR and test driven a 991 pdk, I can also attest that the getrag is currently the best right now.
Interesting since my GTR tranny is primarily made up of BorgWarner parts just like my 997.2TT.

"BorgWarner (BWA:
BorgWarner Inc received a 2008 Global Innovation Award from Nissan in recognition of its innovative dual-clutch technology, used in the all-new 2008 Nissan GT-R. Launched in December in Japan and last month in the United States, the eagerly anticipated sports car is the first GT-R engineered for sale in global markets, the world's first longitudinal transaxle dual-clutch transmission, and the first Japanese transmission to feature BorgWarner's award-winning DualTronic® technology. "
"To create the exhilarating experience drivers anticipate in a premier sports car, BorgWarner worked closely with Nissan and its affiliate, Aichi Kikai, designing the transmission to incorporate four BorgWarner advanced DualTronic® technologies including the dual-clutch module, clutch control module, shift actuation module, and synchronizer assemblies. BorgWarner manufactures these components at its facilities in Arnstadt, Germany; Tulle, France; and Margam, United Kingdom. "
"Supported by manufacturing capacity at its facilities in the United States, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, China and Mexico, BorgWarner expects to quadruple production of its dual-clutch technology over the next six years to 2.5 million dual-clutch transmission applications per year at full-launch of announced programs. "
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 05-10-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0