03-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #80
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I've always thought of getting pulled over as having to do with the Butterfly Effect. In my mind a certain sequence of events have to take place in order for them to lead to a ticket. You have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and the police officer has to be in the right place at the right time. Butterfly Effect. What I try to do is eliminate as much possibility and probability that I'll encounter a police car and if I do, I want to know where he is before he knows where I am.

My combination of Valentine 1, Laser Interceptor and Waze, have helped greatly. But, my near anal practice of attentiveness while driving has saved me the most. Whenever I'm stopped at a traffic light, 100% of the time I'm checking my rear view and side view mirrors for police cars that might have pulled up behind me. Whenever, I merge onto the highway from an on-ramp, 100% of the time I look over and check my side view mirror for police cars already on the highway before accelerating. At each and every stop sign I pull up to, 100% of the time I'm looking for police cars parked in sight of the intersection. Many people who have ridden with me have been astonished when I sight a police on the other side of the highway going in the opposite direction with the sun in my face. I think it's really just my training as a Naval Aviator that I have applied towards driving a high performance car on public roadways that has saved me as well. In military air combat, we preach Situational Awareness. If you don't have SA, then you'll probably be shot down faster than an Egyptian Air Force fighter jet. In the Navy, we train to fight and fight to win. I think this is also the reason why I've been running Full Straightpipes for almost a year now and have never been pulled over for them. My SA when I drive around is too good for civilian Law Enforcement.

Anyways, 15 years and still no speeding tickets and I've done some crazy ass shit on the road. If I get caught speeding or whatever, I deserve to get caught.

So yeah I have no crazy stories to tell. Fastest ticket I ever got was something very benign like 73 in a 65 or something, I don't even remember. Lol!
So much for confessions -
Well, I believe I have SA too, but I also believe in your theory of Butterfly Effect -

Potential mishaps before speeding tickets (Possible causes leading to a speeding ticket):
1. Police officer is there
2. Hasn't pulled any one just before you
3. In mood of turning his radar on (Sometimes they are not and just making sure people know they are there)
4. You are coming along unaware
5. Your radar detector can't see him before he sees you
6. Or your RD sees him before he sees you but your B&O is too loud to hear it -
7. Laser jammers not working or you don't have them or installed wrongfully -
8. You ignore radar thinking it is an Audi coming close to you or near by Best buy (Noticed that-
9. Your radar detector is off and you think it is on
10. You have a COBRA like me -; ) and drive thinking you are ticket proof or protected !! LOL !! (Just kidding as I really don't trust it much as it goes off for anything even if I yawn!!
etc.... list goes on .... What AM I MISSING?

So everything has to be working against you and stars really line up for one to get pulled over!

Hope this is not a bad omen -

Last edited by soooma; 03-10-2014 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0