Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I am having difficulty with this too. I am running an AT&T iPHone 5 running iOS 6.01

My issue is as follows:
1) Under Bluetooth/Device Configuration, I don't have a checkbox for Office. I only have checkbox options for telephone, additional telephone and audio.
2) I tried unpairing and repairing. When I do this I still have same issue.
3) The notifications checkbox in iPhone/Bluetooth/Connection settings is missing during the pairing process. It only appears after the pairing process which is too late because at this point the car has memorized the phone as lacking message notification service.

Any thoughts?
Not absolutely certain so check with a CA but I believe what you are looking for is "Office" which will have mail, messages and talk to text. The trick here is that it is enabled for a fee. In the BMW Assist program, there is a "Safety Package" and then a "Convienence Plan" that they charge $199/year. All the info that is on the web is woefully behind times and further the CA's seem to be even further behind in their literature they can offer you. My CA had to show me his product training videos and even those were unclear. In any event, I paid the $199 knowing that I could cancel after the fact and obtain a prorata refund if I saw no value. I've only had my M5 for a couple of days but so far I'm not seeing alot of advantage here other than the ability to send addresses from Google Maps to the car. Hope this helps put you on a track to investigate further.
Appreciate 0