Drives: 2015 M5 F10

Garage List
2015 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
2018 BMW F15 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
It isn't related to the servotronic setting. That just controls the hydraulic pump response. This particular sound comes from the little motor that shakes the steering wheel on the driver assist equipped wheel. It is not the motor working and making a sound, it is the metal housing surrounding the motor that produces the noise or something rattling inside.

Design flaw. That's why BMW is supposed to replace them on cars under warranty.
not true because my car doesn't have driver assist but makes the noise. try again
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
It isn't related to the servotronic setting. That just controls the hydraulic pump response. This particular sound comes from the little motor that shakes the steering wheel on the driver assist equipped wheel. It is not the motor working and making a sound, it is the metal housing surrounding the motor that produces the noise or something rattling inside.

Design flaw. That's why BMW is supposed to replace them on cars under warranty.
not true because my car doesn't have driver assist but makes the noise. try again
I have this vibration sound as well on "some" surfaces. I'm still on warranty and was hopeful they could resolve it. I'm not as hopeful after reading this post. (2015 non comp with lane departure)

Barry
Appreciate 0