09-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
In sport plus, the car does not rev match. Which makes sense so you can do it yourself and heel toe. Amazingly the pedals are placed well and heel toe is easy unlike the RS where there is a very high brake pedal. Great when on the track under heavy breaking but difficult on the road when doing it for fun. In efficient and sport, it rev matches which is nice. Ive only noticed it when down shifting. It makes things smoother when just putting around. Having it is a big plus. If anything it's one less thing to worry about when you have passengers and want to have a smooth drive. I think it was a great addition.
This is super interesting - I wonder now if the engine breaking lag (on my gas blip) was the rev matching when I thought it was turbos still spooling? I will get my car and do a better analysis. However I really like this feature as there are days when I am kind of tired and its nice to have the car helping a bit. I can't believe how much amazing thought was put into a transmission that they apparently want to abolish??

Only 2 more months to go for mine!