12-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #56
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
I saw his post too... how tragic. A kid M5 owner goes from bragging about his M5 "max settings, DSC off" on one day to dead the next. (news story here)

We have a saying in my community that would seem to apply..

"there are bold pilots and old pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots"

MTV, im not butthurt; no nerve has been struck... My responses were simple and swift after you interloped into a cautionary threat amongst fellow F10 M5 owners with bad, uniformed advice. I thought your original post was taunting and boastful.. your additional responses don't sway me from that opinion.

I guess I could say take your opinions on how to drive the M5 back to the E60 section of the forums where at least you might have some credibility.

I'll say again, drive the M5 to its max at your own risk. If you are going to do so, you are not going to figure it out by yourself, as a 24 year old. If you think are a self-taught DSC-off driving phenom, and the rest of us are a bunch of p***ies, I hope someone else is watching over you.

Instead of arguing with us, seriously peruse these forums and see exactly how those who have pushed their car to the limits have done so before you offer any advice on what the right setup is for an M5. (DSC off in the snow? why?)
Well spoken. I may be wrong, but most people I know buy the M5 not because they are "superb helmsmen" but because they appreciate a fast, well made and comfortable car. Not many people would have the ability to fully exploit the abilities of such a car (even on a track). The main thing is to enjoy what you have safely and not reach beyond one's capabilities (damn, I sound like an old fart!!!!!)

Appreciate 0