stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch
I saw a precursor to a time and event that nobody would want to see repeated. I tried to share a very valuable story to a very similar member in an all too familiar situation/frame of mind.. but theres nothing I can do if my posts are deleted.
The similarity between AmericanM5 and MTV is amazing in terms of age, driving their fathers M5s, and believing they can forego driver aids. If anything MTV is more cocky and disrespectful which is what got him banned.

AmericanM5 was pretty humble in his posts, just not in his perception of his driving skills. And that's what got him killed. By contrast MTV is far less disrespectful of what other more experienced M5 drivers have to say.

Here are some quotes from AmericanM5 in that thread for those who haven't seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanM5, 1/24/2008
Alright guys Im new here and I have a question....as I am driving in m mode with the car set in p500 sport and everything set to max, as I shift with the paddle shifters it sounds like the transmission is banging into gear,(like there is a thud that comes from the trunk when I upshift.....) could this be due to the way Im shifting or is this normal....and if so is there any trick to working the shift

Let me say I am beginner when it comes to high performance cars as I am only 18 so take it easy on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanM5, 1/24,2008
yeah that is the problem when im going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting there tends to be thud noise with the gear change...I guess that is normal....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanM5, 1/24/2008
the fact that I never drove a manual car before may be true, but Ive been driving for a lot longer than two years buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanM5, 1/25/2008
I completley understand where you are coming from assuming that I am irresponsible..that is definetly understandable. I do sometimes make bad decisions but I am young and I do drive safe and I will not endanger the lives of others..and I hope you are not under the impression that I am the one to brag, I have never been that way and never will. Plus I will have pictures up asap with me in the pictures. I have no reason to lie buddy.

I will admit I was not aware that it wasnt a good idea to have m-mode set the way I did...My dealer did not tell me anything about it, when I took the test drive my salesmen had it set on the highest levels and told me it was fine. Even the mechanic said it was fine and that the only thing I really had to worry about was getting the services done on time. I know the salesmen pretty well as a friend and he has no reason to lie to me...plus like I said above the mechanic said there is no problem with it at all.... But I do understand where you guys are coming from, but I just want to be apart of the community and learn stuff just like you guys..

so take care

Josh

And then the very next day at 3am he lost control of his M5 laden with 4 of his best friends and crashed into a tree. They were all dead. So much for not endangering the lives of others.

Here's a pic of the car that AmericanM5 drove. Look at the exhausts and the wheel.

Photo taken 1/26/2008

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 12-02-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0