09-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
Loft23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Beast_NYC View Post
Great choice of car! Im on the fence as well but i do need the back seat from time to time as I have two kids. Have you test drove a turbo version? Can you tell me why you chose the C2S over a turbo version? In my mind, i feel that turbo 4 will be a comparable trade to the M5. does this feel just as fast?
What do you mean turbo version. All 991.2 are now turbos. The turbo and turbo S version is a super car giving you 0-60 in 2.4s and north of $200k after options. The carrera S has 420hp turbo 3.0L. MotorTrend tested it to 60 in 3.1s with launch control. This car is over 1200lb lighter than an M5 with lower center of gravity. It is louder, faster, and very nimble. The carrera 4s is AWD, gives you a little more traction and 1/10th faster to 60, but I'm in California and don't need awd. Being on the east coast you may want the 4S but it adds an extra 100lb for the extra width and awd system. The car is plenty fast as this is a true sports car. Plenty of road and engine noise behind you. It's not an M5 where it's a fast and sporty luxury car. If you don't like tire noise or mechanical noises as you drive and prefer comfort and luxury, stick with a BMW where it has a good balance of both. I can barely hear my stereo playing at wot or rough roads.
Appreciate 1