05-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #21
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Dinan though the same a few months back. I worked with the dealer and they could not find an issue with the pump so It was not changed. I do think it is worth trying. I may see if they will replace mine just to rule it out.

I believe it is a fuel issue but I think the ecu is cutting fuel because of something setting or safety. This was mentioned the a while back by another member. He made mention that LEIB had to do digging but they found what the setting.
so i have another update

apparently my tune is Br tune and Bruno is the one who is writing the tune, my guy is only applying it to the ECU

Bruno is saying it is a hardware issue as software is definitely issue free

They decreased power: torque, boost etc, NOT the timing and reflashed my car.
I went to test drive it and same issue again, however now it happened in 5th gear, after i redlined it all the way down the 4th, but it did happen in 5th only before, so i will do more tests on airfield on saturday

now my guy said that he used some tools to read all the info and my high pressure fuel pump should be pumping 200 bar, however it pumps only 180bar

now the question is, does anyone know what stock fuel pump is/must be pumping at? if it should be pumping at 200, then obviously i need to replace the pump or look into valves between pumps, etc

if it should not be pumping at 200, means my tune is too aggressive for stock hardware and we need to lower the power down even further

anyone here in good relations with LEIB in order to speak to them and see what they say regarding my issue? i would go down to them, but their price for tune is a bit of overkill especially when so many tuners are offering it...!
Appreciate 0