View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Complete Loudness Comparison of all Exhausts

Dudes, I decided to make this post into it's own thread cause I think it is useful information for anyone shopping for an exhaust for their F10 M5. This is just an assessment based on loudness alone, this has nothing to do with tone. I think once more downpipes start hitting the street I'll make a new list.

Somewhere on this Forum Rob///M5 made a really good list of a scale of 1-10 of loudness of exhausts, but I can't find it. I was going to post it again here but I'll just make up my own based on my experience instead. If anyone finds it, please post it. Thanks.

Anyways, after playing with my buddy's Stage 2 E60 M5 a few weekends ago and also hearing my other buddies Straightpiped Lambo Superleggera, here's how I rank the exhausts that are out today:

-Again ranging from 1 (mouse peeping in the night) to 10 (jet aircraft at full afterburner).

Update 6/18/2013: Since the time of this original post several new developments have come about. More people are starting to get Catless Downpipes for their M5's and M6's. Also a few new exhaust systems have come on the market which I have not heard yet., such as the RDSport Exhaust System, and the Vorsteiner System. I will post them up if I ever get to hear them in real life. I have updated the list accordingly.

Update 8/14/2015: Been a couple of years since I've updated this thread. Since then I've heard a few other exhausts, plus at the time of the last update the Competition Package wasn't out yet. I'm adding a few others for your perusal. New additions are in BOLD.

1: F10 M5 Stock Exhaust (Although the crack from the stock exhaust is louder than most other aftermarket exhausts, I think it may be because the stock mufflers are actually smaller than a lot aftermarket ones)
1.5: Competition Package Exhaust (No Baffles) / Stock Non-Competition Package Exhaust with valves wired open.
2: RPi GTS Exhaust / Akropovic Exhaust, Competition Package Exhaust with vales wired open.
3: F10 M5 Eisenmann Sport (Mufflers Only)
4: F10 M5 RPi GT Exhaust / F10 M5 Supersprint Exhaust (Mufflers Only)
5: F10 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust (Mufflers Only, this is actually one of my favorite setups)
6: F10 M5 Meisterschaft GT Exhaust, F10 M5 with Turner Motorsport Axleback Muffler Delete Exhaust
7: F10 M5 RPi GTM Exhaust (The Cracks from the exhaust will actually hurt your eardrums though) / E60 M5 RPi GTS Exhaust / AMS Catless Downpipes with Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust.
8: E60 M5 RPi GT Exhaust / E60 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust / E92 M3 RPi GTM Exhaust / Sharkwerks 991 GT3 Full Bypass Exhaust.
9: E60 M5 RPi Stage 2 with Full GT Headers and GT Exhaust / Almost any E60 with Headers and Exhaust / Straightpiped Merc C63 / Straightpiped Aston DBS / Straightpiped Lexus ISF / F10 M5 with AMS Catless Downpipes and Full Eisenmann Race Exhaust / and any kind of custom exhaust that is straighted-piped as well. There have been quite a few independent shops that have made custom exhaust sytems for the F10 M5/F13 M6 and some have been straightpiped.
9.5: F10 M5 with Catless Downpipes and RPi GTM Exhaust / Audi R8 V10 with LMS Headers and reduced muffler exhaust.
10: Straightpiped Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera / Straightpiped Porsche Carrera GT / Straightpiped Lambo Aventador

Last edited by RPiM5; 08-14-2015 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0