08-22-2012, 04:35 AM   #27
FLOMACKS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
PenFed was what I was referring to - I thought they were at 1.99 but I guess even lower now. Theyre great, I have my mortgage with them at 3.75%.

What are ED guys doing with financing?
I haven't decided yet, but I have time. I don't pick up until the first week of October. Totally agree with the analysis that AGS showed.

When you boil it down, a car is just a depreciation and interest expense. You can define the depreciation rate using a lease, but you sacrifice some flexibility, but not as much as you may think- read my last paragraph. The "put" has economic value- year 1 model, easily crashable, etc...

With a 100K car, the Interest expense is material. For me, this will be the primary factor in buy vs lease.

Its also possible to negotiate your buyout at the end of the lease. I leased my 550 back in '06, good rate and 58% residual which came ot to 37K. At the end of the lease I wanted to keep it, but didn't want to pay 37K. Used car values had dropped- little thing we call the global economic crisis... Anyway, called BMW, and they sold it to me for 32K w/CPO and %0.9 for 60 months.
2015 S63AMG Sedan
Appreciate 0