View Single Post
      11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I had the chance to test drive an RS7 this weekend. I know unrelated to the RS6 but I have to say I was completely underwhelmed by the car.

The sticker price was 119k US DOLLARS. In comparison the the M6 GC I could not justify the 6 figure price tag. Yes it has tremendous power. But the inside was very blah and looks exactly like an A7. The seats are the same that are in every S model.

When you step into an M6, M5 or M6 GC it's beautiful and well appointed inside. The fine detail to stitching and leather running all through the dash and center console. This RS7 had a rubber dash that I could pull and twist with my fingers. Very cheap. The headliner is cheap and the same as every Audi. But in the M models its Alcantara and the M6 GC has that beautiful strip of leather running down the middle.

In addition, the paddle shifters and transmission seemed to be very delayed and must stay in auto mode. Every time you accelerate and try and up shift there is a delay and the RPMs continued to wind out and almost hit rev limiter. Well after I hit the paddle to up shift. You almost have to plan ahead when shifting.

Steering was very blah as well.

Overall, I am an Audi fan. I have owned several RS and S models.

The M division has definitely got the upper hand in terms of interior looks, driver feel and just a beautiful design on the exterior.

My two cents.

Cheers,

Andrew
Appreciate 0