11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
I love Frozen Grey, but am weary commiting to that for two reasons: (1) I worry that in a few years the matte craze will have passed and the frozen colors will look dated and (2) more importantly, I am very concerned about maintaining the finish, staining and rubbing in shiny spots. I know there are two different views out there as to whether this is a real concern, but without a definitive answer, I am concerned about choosing a finish that will make me even more neurotic that I am now.

Now to my question: I am going to end up spending close to $2K for a high quality clear bra. Why not spend a bit more (I would estimate $4-5K) to have the whole car wrapped in a matte film? This way, I have the protection I am looking for, don't have to worry about the finish and can always rever back to the factory paint if I tire of the matte finish.

Can it be done?
as long as i am living in london, i am not going to order frozen paint, even though i LOVE it and have no concerns about maintenance, people just cannot park in here and when i see bumper to bumper parked car next to mine, my heart stops i go and check, if there is a scratch or smth...
i guess its my "mental problems"

anyways, long story short i am in process of wrapping my silverstone II car into frozen matt with a friend of mine in his garage, will make a post once its done

dont listen to people who say its shit and looks cheap etc
you just need to do it properly, stuck material under seals, remover as many parts as possible and properly clean every single panel you wrapping

once my car is done, no one will be able to see it is wrapped from outside, obviously u can see it, once you open the door, but you can wrap it there as well, just need more time and more material, i just dont need it, as i am not changing colour, just frosting it

here is a sneak pic!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0