03-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thanks Everyone! Really excited to have the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Great to see another Triple Black out there! Did you by chance do Euro Delivery on Sept 1st? There was another guy with a Triple Black that did Euro Delivery the same day that I did back last year.

Car looks great. I have yet to do the coding myself. I like that you didn't powder coat the wheels black as well. Just my personal style. I ran into another guy in my town that also has a Black M5, although not Triple Black, and he blacked out his grills, wheels, exhaust tips, and did a complete rear trunk M5 badge delete. He said that he wanted people to think he was just driving a 528i. Lol!

Here's the picture thread of my Mika for you to check out.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...ctures+of+mika
I actually did not do Euro delivery. The dealer 10 minutes from our house we're a bunch of aholes (Long Story). So just poking around on eBay one night, I happened to find one with the exact setup we wanted. Had every single factory option except night vision, (which we werent going to do because wanted the air scoops and didnt see ourselves using it ever), and the color and combo were what we were looking for. It only had 300 miles on it. The owner of a Honda Dealership bought it new because he is a car guy and wanted to be the first to have. Guess he does this with cars all the time. They originally purchased it in AZ where I'm from, and transported it out there. Long story short, we didnt have to pay taxes, no gas guzzler tax, no destination charge, no doc fee, and a TON off MSRP!

On the blackout...
To be honest, I really dislike the painted black wheels. Hopefully I dont offend anyone, but my personal take is, you see a lot of people who dont have the money to buy wheels or mods, so to get the "modded" look, they paint their wheels black, and spray coat their taillights as "blacked out", and it makes the car look like a black blob. Looks worse to me, I'd rather have stock. Black wheels also look better on a lighter color car. I'd prefer to have the contrast of the exhaust tips and of the wheels, or at least a black center with polished lip, etc.

Mika's a beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Nice move on the mods
Haha, you guys hooked it up!
Appreciate 0