View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Ak3249
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtE36M3 View Post
I have put just over 2500 miles on my m5 and have noticed that sometimes it gets stuck in 2nd gear when coming to a stop. It doesn't automatically go to 1st. This has happened a few times. It is an inconsistent problem. I drive most of the time during my commute in comfort and efficiency settings with the DCT in D1 mode. I notice that it usually gets triggered if I come to a slow stop during traffic. It won't down shift to first even if I come to a complete stop after that. When I accelerate from a stop stuck in 2nd it will not downshift even if my mash on the throttle. This will continue for awhile until I pick up enough speed to at least get into 4th or 5th gear then it is fine at the next complete stop. If I try to reproduce this I can't. Anyone else experience this? I am wrong to assume that the DCT should automatically go into 1st if I come to a complete stop? I noticed this first when I was in Germany during my pick up but hasnt been that consistent.
My M6 does the same thing it's cause your engine setting is in efficient put it to sport and it won't do it anymore.
Appreciate 0