03-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
chong0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susoa View Post
Hi all,

Ive been waiting for a long time to finally own one of these, 25 years, and it looks like Im ready to pull the trigger. I have an F10 550i M sport currently but I loved my E36 and E46 M3's. I have a couple of topics that I welcome input on.

1. What are the must have options? The only one that I'm really considering is the exec package but is it worth the $. The main options I need are 20" wheels, Sat. radio. HUD seems like it would be a good feature also.

2. There are 2 cars on the market now but they were built in 2012. Wouldn't resale value be less on a 2012 production car? Also any difference in a 2012 vs 2013 production year car?

3. If I ordered one then I wouldn't get it until mid-May. It seems like I need to get it ASAP if its a 2013 model. Again this one pertains to resale as I know these things have poor residual value. Is the F10 M5 holding its value better than the E60 M5?

4. I ordered my last car and don't really want to wait 2 months for this one but the PCD would be a nice benefit. The problem I had when I ordered my 2011 was that the car was ready but PCD had a 4 week wait. I cant take that again. I wonder if they can guarantee me a spot?

5. Last one, is it to late in the year to order a 2013? It seems like I would be taking a big deprecation 7 months after I get it. I am planning to keep the car until for at least 5 years however.

Thanks in advance for the input!
-HUD is great- i would order as stand alone but it seems like you do get a lot with executive package. i think b&o is worth it. the 20" wheels are worth it only if you buy the tire insurance with it (at least in the northeast).

-2012 production cars are $300 cheaper and are essentially the same car.

-agree with stealth. M school much more functional. PCD not worth the wait.

-i would highly favor taking a car that is inventory at the dealer. almost all the cars seem to have executive and drivers assistance with 20" wheels. Great deals to be had and glad I bought recently. plenty of spyshots of the 2014 F10, very minor. scribbling on the knob of idrive may not be worth the wait, or the premium for buying a 2014 car.
'16 X5 50i M-sport (3rd row!)
Appreciate 0