Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedM5 View Post
It still amazes me how often dealers can't get options right. This car clearly has full leather in the pics but it's described as extended leather, just continues to lessen my confidence in certain dealerships and salesmen. Granted we on the boards are a bit neurotic about our cars, but if it's your job and you get paid for it, get it right. It's not just this post, I've seen mant ads with options that don't match the pictures.

I originally placed my order w/o executive package, but got talked into it here on the board, and Im glad I did. My opinion of it, just during ED was that it was essential on a car of this caliber. I may not use all the options included in it, but when it comes to resell the car I know Ill be glad I opted for it. To get a $90k car with no options is just weird, shame on me. Even w/o Exec I did add the HUD originally as I felt that was a must have.

The 20" wheel option is a must too I feel unless you plan on getting aftermkt 20s for the M5. Its such a big car that I think the 20s look more proper on it - I will be using my 19s for winter.

Full leather - I opted against it, but only because I did not want too much Sakhir Orange. I like the seatbacks in black and the glove box in black, but it was a trade off for me since I like the leather dash and the extra leather paneling on the doors. Had I gotten Silverstone leather, no question I would have gotten full leather.

B&O - never even thought about getting it. Not a big music guy and I felt $3700 was a steep price to pay for an option that would only drown out the sounds of the engine and exhaust. Plus I didn't believe the BO was $3700 better than the stock radio. After doing my research, I found the B&O to have mixed reviews, not many raved about it and many complained about rattling, that itself justified my choice not to get it.

Last edited by PatrickC23; 04-09-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0