View Single Post
      08-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
NOTHING alloy wire and job done. Got some myself ready to do the job.
Yep John. Originally did that with mine. It is not like the exhaust note is "loud" so to speak with the valves open and once you open them you probably will never want to close them again. It is a very nice, non-obnoxious note. Easier IMO to just wire them and leave them.

Best solution for me turned out to be a modified OEM exhaust I got from Noelle in Germany that has a wider inner pipe that is more of a straight pipe. Coupled with the DP it is about 50% louder than stock, ZERO drone and NOT obnoxious. VERY nice, throaty, "tuned" sound. It is PERFECT for guys like me who don't want to be that "loud" guy at the light and just like to let out a nice tuned note while driving and to be heard well when WOT (even then not obnoxious. Just a perfect finely tuned powerful M5 sound. It is one people hear and say "wow, that sounds REALLY nice-not "whoa..that's loud!" I think it sounds like what the M6/5 should sound like from the factory.Probably what we all expected.) These who like the E-Race, etc. will NOT like it. Those wanting more "classy mean" and not want to shake the house when you start it will find it to be sweet music to their ears ) Only bad thing is that I may need to sell it in 60 days when the M6 arrives as I don't think it fits the M6! I will get another set though!

Last edited by ColdList; 08-16-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0