View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #29
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
I was just at JMK today for my first service. Example of a current deal they have with the new residuals.
MSRP just under $112k (everything except, night vision, ceramic & bo sound)
Payment: $899 / month for 36 months with $6k down (cap reduction)

Let's work backwards, $6000 divided by 36 = $166 per month

$899 + $166 = $1065 / month

You can lease this car for $1065 / month with taxes, registration, bank fee down. If you want to use MSD this will drop to $965.

Roll the taxes in and you are at $1140 per month ($1040 with MSD)! The misc fees are under $1500. Roll those in and you are at $1180 ($1080 with MSD) per month with just first month payment due!

Again, I'm just illustrating how the down payment doesn't effect the selling price which is ~$13k off msrp (couple grand below invoice). It is just used to make a very attractive monthly payment psychologically. Getting into an M5 for under $1k a month sounds great. It's just how you choose to do the numbers.

Anyone with more knowledge on leasing would understand and agree with this. I'm not trying to sound like an ass at all, but just what PvsNP wrote was definitely incorrect. The image showing the deal is a bit difficult to read on the fine print so perhaps that's where the confusion lies.
what about the interest/money factor on the $6000? Am I missing that in your figures?
Appreciate 0