View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #23
ShawnBoston
Rep
Drives: 2018 McLaren 570S Spider

Agreed, this review is largely irrelevant. However, I did not find it as annoying as I thought I would based on the earlier posts.

Overall, the comments were quite positive. Some criticisms of the car 'bouncing', the sound, and that it does not look as good at the M6 GC.

My thoughts on these?

The car rebounds a bit more than I expected at highway speeds over sudden dips. It definitely doesn't bounce the way it seemed to be doing in the video. My car has the CP and that one didn't, who knows what was going on there. The non-automatic suspension on my Aston reacts very similarly over the same dip I hit on a semi-daily basis.

The sound. I know there is a lot of talk about this topic. I am totally fine with what I hear inside the car. I've powered through a couple of tunnels or alongside concrete retaining walls with the sunroof/windows open. Car sounds just fine in my opinion. It NEVER sounds like a Porsche or AMG. No idea what he was talking about there. I guess it might sound a bit like my S4 sometimes, but I actually like what I hear in the cabin more than I did with my S4. So it's piped in . . . I don't really care. That said, I am pretty curious to know what it sound like when it's off (but since you can't turn it off, I guess I'll never know).

I could have picked up a 6 series, seriously considered the vert actually. I'm really, really happy with what I got. The M5 is such a handsome car - the blue in this video was really quite attractive. I wanted a stealth car that only people who know cars would know what I have. I love, love, love this car. I may actually like it more than any other car I've ever owned . . . which I think is high praise considering the last few cars I've had the good fortune to own/lease.

As for this particular reviewer, I'm not impressed. The guy kind of comes off like a neanderthal . . . what was up with him getting all out of breath while driving? Seriously? LOL I vastly prefer Chris Harris, all the reviewers on Channel 5 (Tiff, etc.), and the Top Gear reviewers to this guy. The only guy I dislike more is this tool (http://www.cnet.com/profile/briancnet) that does 'car' reviews on CNET. I really like CNET but I can't even watch his videos anymore. He knows jack about cars . . .
Appreciate 0