Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Thanks for all of the kind responses. Glad y'all enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNJ View Post
Awesome review! Thanks so much for all the work in writing it up! I am scheduled for the two day M course in March (3/25-3/26) and am literally counting down the days. A couple of questions, I am a bit of a photography nut and would like to bring my big lens SLR camera to take pictures. Is this something they frown upon? Will I even have time to cheese out? I would love to capture some high quality pics of ///Ms in action!

Do they allow you to use your own GoPro camera in or outside the car?

A shame they had no 6MTs, I really want to pickup a used M3 in the near future and would love to compare 6MT vs. DCT.
They neither addressed cameras nor told anyone off for using them. I saw several people taking pictures, most with iPhones, and a few capturing some video. All of my videos are from my iPhone 5, and I rarely pulled it out. I captured 27 minutes of video during the M6 laps and promised myself I'd never get distracted by it while doing the laps. The distraction is the biggest reason I'd recommend not going crazy with the pics and videos. The course is mentally and physically draining, and I probably wouldn't have bothered with videos and pics if it weren't for these forums and my blog. Words only go so far, so I wanted to be able to add some visual and auditory aids to document the experience. You drive a lot during this course, and I found very few moments where I could stop to video exercises or snap some pics aside from the time in the pit switching cars or first thing in the morning. The videos I videos were mostly filmed while waiting my turn a couple times during the timed exercises, and then I mounted my iPhone on the side window (to get some views of the gauges) during the big M6 exercise and just let it run.

In short, you can film if you want, but you're probably not going to get as much out of the course if you allow it to break your concentration.

Just my $0.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power_Fan View Post
i really like those videos !
Thanks! Amazing what a lowly iPhone camera can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt View Post
How are you 6'3" and 175? That's absurd.
Haha. Youthful metabolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
I have to say the helmet is SWEEET! If our local track was still open and I hadn't sold my M3... I'd be in the market for one of those. Sadly, no more need.
Mine will be likely be resting on my dresser until I am forced to grow up - at which time it will sit in the bottom of my closet. It is very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
My understanding was that the 1M replaced the M6 in the wet skid pad activities on the upper track, so it was used during the 2 day school, you just didn't get to us it during the lapping sessions on the big track with your helmets.
Yep. They, for the most part, only use cars currently in production. That rule was pretty hard to follow a year or so ago when there wasn't a new M5 or M6, but now they have to show off their babies so we get hooked on the ///M KoolAid.

It works. It's really kinda disgusting. It's just like the fact that I can forgive BMW for adding an extra 40 hp to the 2013 version of my car (a year after it's launched) and leaving a simple, automatic trunk closer off of a $100k luxury coupe. Ridiculous how these cars affect us...
Appreciate 0