03-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Post Official #IllicitM5 Journal - 2015 Season

Official Illicit F10 M5 Journal - 2015 Season

So I've been contemplating this project over the winter and decided to go for it.

After years of service and experience with custom car modifications for customers throughout the world, I woke up, and realize that I'm missing out on the one thing that I've been helping my customers achieve this entire time. Building a show & track car, and traveling the country for events and various publications. I've seen it all, and I've heard it all, but this year I decided to do it all with my own car. My ultimate goal is to build one of the most talked about BMW F10 M5 in the scene, from the Stance Culture, to the Track Oriented Daily Drivers and ultimately the next “Liberty Walk” inspired prototype.

I created a dedicated webpage journal to keep track of the build, and the journey I will take across country with my car. If you have time to read through it and check out all the blog entries

http://illicit.nyc

Be sure to follow the build on Instagram, Facebook & Flickr

I will have a rendering of what the car will look like for this season in a day or two, but this is the final phase that I'm striving for to showcase in 2016. This is rendered in track form, but will also be setup for shows.

Thanks to JADesigns aka E92Alpine328i for putting my vision on paper.

The build is currently half way through it's first phase. During the month of April, I'm fitting the car with wheels & a custom front bumper. I started reaching out to several street artists to commission a piece of artwork on the car, so by the end of April, beginning of May, the goal is to have the artwork done on a portion of some panel. I don't want it to take all the attention away from the build so it will only be visible on 1/4 of the car. Having the art work on the car will allow me to reach out to art galleries and in general the art community as a whole, not just the automotive scene.

The 3 biggest accomplishments I'm striving for this year are:
  • Bimmerfest West 2015 - make it there on time, make it back safe and sound.
  • SEMA 2015 - get a booth spot
  • Art Basel 2015 - Showcase the car in a gallery in Miami for Art Basel.

I have no doubt I'll score a feature in a magazine and some popuplar blogs thanks to all the friends I've made in the industry.

As for the current status on the build and whats been done so far:

EXTERIOR
  • Complete Vinyl Wrap in 3M Black Rose Satin – Custom one off finish
  • Vorsteiner 1×1 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
  • SLEK Design 1×1 Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Splitters
  • 2014/15 OEM LCI Kidney Grilles
  • 2014/15 OEM LCI Taillights
  • Custom Painted OEM BBK
INTERIOR
  • 2014/15 OEM iDrive Touch Knob Retrofit
  • 2014/15 OEM LCI Misc Interior Trim
ENGINE & EXHAUST
  • BMS JB4 Piggy Back
  • FabWorx Race Catless Downpipes
  • Borla Exhaust
  • Secondary Cat Delete

WHEELS, BRAKES & SUSPENSION
  • H&R Lowering Springs

I know this isn't much for what I set to accomplish, but this is more than what I've done on all my previous cars - even though I've been modifying cars for the last 8 years of my life lol.

The wrap was completed last week, the downpipes were installed just a few days prior.

Enough with the rambling, onto the photos.

Took ownership of the car in October 2014...

Did a few things...

Last edited by Igor_M5; 03-24-2015 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0