View Single Post
      03-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Monte Carlo Blue M5’s are without a doubt the most appealing colors you can get from BMW without going Individual. I love the car, and it suits the F10 very well, however… being where I’m from, Brooklyn, MCB M5’s are dime a dozen. Being that my shop specializes in vinyl, I was always in the loop on the latest colors vinyl manufacturers would release. Few months ago 3M came out with a new swatch book, and I came across a color that caught my attention, it was called Black Rose, however, it was gloss, and I wasn’t a huge fan. I put the idea of that color off for a while, and searched for the next vinyl to hit the states from Europe. I came across KPMF and found a color that they had supplied shops in Europe, but in order to get it stateside, I would have had to order several thousand dollars worth of material, and being that I wanted my vinyl to be unique, I opted out.

Several weeks ago I pulled the trigger and ordered the Black Rose from 3M, but with a twist, we had it laminated with satin clear for a semi-matte/frozen finish. It arrived and as soon as our schedule in the shop freed up, my car was in the shop getting stripped and prepped.

Several days later, 90% of the car is wrapped. I’m having the brake calipers prepared for paint in Porsche Black Gray color. Along with the assembly, I’m installing a Vorsteiner CF rear diffuser, SLEK Design side skirt extensions & RPK splitters to the bumper.

I’m sourcing a BMW M4 front bumper to be custom fabricated to fit my M5. Also in the process of doing a custom headlight setup, a specialty of ours so it would only be right.

Stay tuned for more updates coming up within the next few weeks.

DEADLINE:

Southern Worthersee 2015 – May 15-17 – for the first event of the season. Would have loved to make it to the New York International Auto Show, even had a spot there, but won’t have rims in time.

Last edited by Igor_M5; 03-24-2015 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0