04-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #24
Lerxst M4
Command Sergeant Major of the Army
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPowell View Post
I have had my Spec R kit (clutches, baskets, etc) since December and I was super anal on the break in. I put 500 miles on it before I went WOT the first time. I manually shifted the car and most of it was done with city driving so I was changing gears a lot. I had ABR here in Houston do the install since they are the SSP authorized installer/vendor for our area. The guys their did an amazing job and had it done quickly, always keeping me up to date on things.

I have to say I went from clutch slip on my 680rwhp setting (4th gear dyno so probably 700+ if I used 5th gear from my testing previously, but I do not like 185-190mph dyno pulls) to none just tire spin in second on the R888s and crisp responsive shifts at wot. I'm going to be going downpipes, exhaust, Pure S1 and Meth sooner or later so for sure needed the clutch upgrade!

Driving around normal in D1 you would never know it had aftermarket clutches in it at all. Kris and the guys/girls over at SSP have made a hell of a product!
Mr Powell, I will eventually go this route and also have Alex and the guys at ABR do mine as well. Would like to see how they feel in person one day if you're ever up for a meet and greet.

Chris
2008 E90 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0