View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #202
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

i just brought mine in to have the matching kidney grilles installed and clear some error codes from being stored over winter. i decided to ask them to look into the clunk as well, as late last year i was told there would be new springs etc. released this spring to address this known issue. however, they weren't aware of any new springs. but after some testing they were able to reproduce the clunking in the rear AND the front and said they ordered new springs, shocks etc. so like a whole new suspension, for my car!

this kinda surprised me as i was more expecting to hear "yeah we cant really determine whats going on with the clunk you're hearing".

it was also interesting that the first few days the car was in (i was out of town and left it with them) they hadn't been able to determine the problem, but then on the 20th, they called and said they checked and there was another "measure" released on April 18th. and it was describing exactly what was happening with my car. so thus, the parts are on order...

hmmm.

i wonder if it will correct the clunk.
Appreciate 0