View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I have to say this is a ridiculous offer.

If what you say is correct then the 3rd party lease amounts to a 30,000 finance charge on a 58,000 loan over 4 years.

That's daylight robbery.

You'd be better off buying the car cash. BTW nobody pays MSRP any more. If its 111k, then you should get it for less than 105k. So if you pony up an extra 52k, you save 30k over 4 years. It's a no brainer.

If you can't afford to buy this car with cash outright, then I think you should fold and do something more conservative like a 335i. I bought my car cash, and only drove used 3 series until I could buy nicer cars with cash without even thinking twice. That to me is the criteria under which I buy a car - it's not something where the funding is something I should have to think about. So be careful, it sounds like you did a great job getting back on your feet and you don't want to jeopardize that.

Also your credit shouldn't still be bad if these events are 6 years old. You should do the following:
1) if you have any unpaid liabilities, negotiate to pay them off with full interest in exchange for the negative items being removed from your credit history
2) for debts you have already paid off but which have negative history, dispute the history with the credit bureaus.
Appreciate 0