09-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #20
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Thanks for your response, we were obviously talking about different electric steering systems. I think BMW have overdone the green eco friendly bit to the detriment of their trademark pin-point handling and it leaves hardcore BMW fans like me wondering as to the future of this iconic brand.
It's interesting to note that the M5 steering specs appear to different depending on where you intend buying the car - last time I checked BMW Germany stated "M Servotronic steering" (no reference to electric or hydraulic), BMW UK clearly state that it's "Electric Power Steering (EPS) with M Servotronic" and BMW USA, which previously declared that the it would have hydraulic steering, suddenly and mysteriously no longer lists the M5 specs.
It would appear that, to say the least, there's currently a considerable degree of confusion.
If you read the international press release, it clearly states "sensitive hydraulic steering" Page 10 holds the answer to your confusion

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544860
Appreciate 0