gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
My stock tune M6 CP tops out at 169mph on the speedometer which in my car is 159 mph gps by vbox . So all good but you need to go faster to prove no limiter
That's great for you - all our speedos on our cars over-read..M5s are mass produced so I am pretty certain all of our cars are pretty close in terms of specs stock. You're probably doing around 155-159 mph, but I don't need to prove anything.

I have driven cars before and seen what happens when the limiter is there - the car starts to shut down power and shudder. I have seen my M5 on this very Dyno at 155mph shut down in 5th before I got the remap done. On this same Dyno after being remapped it was doing 169mph in 5th. In 5th..

That was the Dyno speedometer measuring speed, not my cars. Dyno's measure true speed, the margin for error on a roller is less. EAS was used specifically to remove this type of argument. Most guys in SoCal know EAS and know their Dyno. This is a two wheel drive Dyno. Front wheels are on blocks and the speed is measured by the Dyno, not by the car.
I said in my post it was 159 mph by 20hz gps lol . The dyno is measuring the roller speed , the actual cars speed is affected by tire / wheel total diameter , hell even tire pressure affects that . So no the "dyno speed" is far from definitive even if it is calibrated to your exact wheel/ tire diameter which I seriously doubt it was . Just run the damn car on a track a post a real Gps speed , 1/4 mile ET /trap, 60-130mph etc . I could care less what it dyno's to be honest although a delta from stock or a previous tune would be helpful . I know the ECU is cracked and its a real tune , I and many others want to see what it can actually do in real life .should be well into the 130's trap .
Appreciate 0