View Single Post
      10-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #56
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Hmm, I don't know... the M division has no R&D budget, so how would they even come up with this? http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=10

To be honest, this is probably a great decision and marketing play... AWD is like automatic transmissions -- to the purists, it's a sin... but its the future and the way every high-performance car manufacturer is going.
I think this option will further advance the M5 as the luxury supersport sedan, and keep the M3/4 as the highly trackable fun car/entry level performance machine.

My question is which one is going Hydrogen-powered first?

Cold.. will not give you the source via a link because he and only he has the know how and inner workings of M division and it is a secret he cannot disclose .

Saying there is no R&D budget for M division is so absurd there is no need to comment further. I don't think AWD in M will be traditional system with dual driveshafts. I think it will be something of a hybrid like ferrari ff with dual gearbox (one main one and one small one) and combination of same gear ratios to drive the front wheels when there is reduced grip, (mimics AWD)

I guess never save never with M division?