TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
The M5 rev matches in normal and Sport. Sport plus, you're on your own. I have the manual and I consider myself a purist(old fashioned) and also own a .2 GT3RS. The reason why a purist will buy a car like this is becuase they it's what they like. I needed a comfortable car for commutes and family. I could have gotten a Lexus. Given BMW offers the closest thing to a purist's luxury car (I guess this would be it), Im gonna go for it. From Dunkin Donuts to Illy, I won't put sugar in my coffee.
I guess I don't see why they would bother adding an assist for downshifting. While I don't agree with it, I could see it on a car like the 370Z because it's likely to attract a much younger crowd who just want a MT but won't likely learn all aspects of a manual transmission - downshifting included (obviously there will be those who will want to heel/toe downshift).

With something like the M5, you're likely going to see a more mature crowd who have experience with a MT and would want to use it properly without computer assist. I'm not saying this to be an elitist where "only real drivers should have a MT on a M5". My point is that the only people who would opt for a MT M5 are the enthusiasts (isn't that why BMW even made this an option in the first place?) and they would prefer to do everything with the shifter and clutch without the aid of a computer.
Appreciate 0