View Single Post
      07-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Question on dealer service

So my 14k mile service is coming up and three things I would like feedback on. The M5 is my first BMW so some of this is probably not unique to the M5. I like my M5 (a lot), but I am thinking that I am not going to like the BMW 'service experience'.

1) Apparently my vehicle was setup to use the dealer where I 'placed my ED order' (in Ohio) as the maintenance location. I do remember requesting it to be the dealer here, but the 'maintenance required' phone call came from the original Ohio dealer 9 months later. When they (Ohio) called, I explained and they said the dealer here would have to set it as primary when I take it in.

When I called and setup my appointment for August 1, I had to leave a mesg to get a call back 4 hours later. During that call, I was told that it was a $125 service charge to change the service location on the vehicle. I said "I can make phone calls to setup my appointments for $125". There was very little pause or thought that went into that response.

[[This has not been my experience as an Infiniti owner for many years and this is inferior/non-competitive service if it is.]]

Is this typical of the BMW experience of others?

Is there an alternate ($0) way to change the service location for the vehicle that I am just not aware of?

2) I asked if they provided a loaner for the drop off for standard maintenance and was informed that if the car was not sold by their dealership then a loaner was not provided. I could take the shuttle they provide or they would give me the number of the enterprise rental car agency they recommend.

[[This has not been my experience as an Infiniti owner for many years and this is inferior/non-competitive service if it is.]]

Is this typical of the experience of others?

3) I know about the pdf with an 'explanation' about the speedometer being off some % being O.K. with BMW. I'm a (simple) Computer Engineer in addition to my Executive Technical Management role and I don't need to rely on a multi page document to explain why it is okay for 4+4 = 9. I want it to =8 and that should be the universally correct answer. Any one pushed for this to be corrected by their dealer and won?

If I have to compromise and pay for the correction I will, but my initial intent is not to. That being said, my current impression (prior to pushing for it) is they may be unwilling to touch it even if I pay for it. Comments?

Thanks, and I look forward to your comments/feedback.
John
Appreciate 0