View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84H View Post
Coldlist, now I don't understand your post?

My car was remapped via the obd port under the steering wheel, I was there.

My post was how realistic the power outputs were?

I can 'absolutely & categorically' tell you that the car is substantially more powerful since its been remapped, the exhaust now pops and bangs which I didn't notice before also.
If you would like to have a private conversation about this then PM me. There is a way to get the cars to react that way. Pops and bangs are not something I would be excited about. The car's DME will recognize the remap and you will see. I honestly don't want to discuss here. It is a no win discussion that starts with this tuning argument. Straight from Germany-"you cannot hack the F10 M5 properly, by design".

I can also tell you categorically that if your Dyno tech is not following the logging and comparing and comparing against norm values as described above and that the wind into the car is not at a 1:1 ratio as well as the 1:1 running in 5th gear (which I know is not happening without a Euro limiter, which is not available yet her in the US) that your Dyno results are grossly unreliable. Again, this is not a typical car that you can just put on a Dyno and set a simple SAE adjustment. The engine management system is way too sophisticated for there to be reliable results produced.

Last edited by ColdList; 02-19-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0