View Single Post
      02-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #40
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
They are undoubtedly nice cars. But I’ve driven a lot of cars that include several Caymans. They are fun and comfortable, but I don’t get that special feeling that many people do. Before I bought my current Corvette (which never truly impressed me before the C7), I drove CPO Cayman and Cayman S plus the new base 718. I much preferred the sound of the flat six which does sound special.

Remember that Chevrolet benchmarks the 911, not the Cayman. The Porsche interior is slightly nicer, but the Corvette is no longer a slouch.

I really really really like the TTS interior, it’s better than either the Corvette or Porsche. When you sit in it, it looks and feels like something much more expensive. The drive is just more sterile and slightly numb though. The Golf R is actually more fun to drive despite sharing the same platform and drivetrain.
So what you're saying is you haven't actually driven a Cayman GTS....which has one of the nicest interiors of any Porsche when the GTS interior package was chosen, and the exhaust sounds way better than a standard Cayman or S model. I'd take a Cayman GTS over a base 911 any day. The options list makes a massive difference in how every Porsche feels and performs. A loaded up GTS will be night and day versus a stripper base model or S. The GTS interior package is worlds away from a Corvette interior, it's not even close.
Appreciate 0