View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Exclamation Busted my dad's rear windshield. Could really use some help

Hey guys
Words can not explain how guilty I feel right now.
Was about to go out with a friend to grab some food and hit up someones house. My parents had left town and I decided to take my family's Toyota Sienna out to make sure the battery doesn't die out while they're gone.

Unfortunately as I was backing out, one of the branches off a tree that I failed to see went straight through the rear windshield and punctured the tail light cover. Probably one of the scariest noises I've heard as the window shattered. It's a huge mess right now and pics are below.

The crappy thing is my sister did the same thing less than a month ago, but only the tail light was replaced. I just feel so down right now, especially since my dad takes so much care of his belongings even though it's his secondary car. My parent's will be back in a little after 2 weeks, and I want to get this fixed up as soon as possible.

I just graduated high school so I'm tight on cash especially after blowing it on my car, but I do work for a BMW dealership and have been after I got my car. Should of bought the BMW after I got the job as I would of saved a ton of cash but that's another story.

Could you guys point me in the right direction in how to handle this without it being too costly? Should I order parts online? Does anyone know any good places to get this work done or should I just go to Toyota?
Anyone have a rough estimate on the cost?

Thanks for looking
Attached Images

Last edited by eamon; 06-24-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0