12-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
You're more than welcome to your opinion. Everything I've done is pretty much readily available on sites like realoem.com and I'm happy to share part numbers, etc. for everything BUT the M6 steering wheel retrofit. There are 2 parts needed that do not exist in BMW's parts catalog and are, for the most part, not available anywhere. But they obviously do exist because they are part of the M6. I have Senior folks at BMW NA and BMW AG working on trying to get me the last, missing pieces. Had you gone through what I've gone through to get to this point you'd probably feel the same way.

Once this is actually complete I'm more than happy to share. Until then I want to keep this under wraps (since I am the first to attempt this) in the unlikely event someone makes more progress than me, or by chance uses the connections I've made to somehow get the parts necessary. That is all.

And you know that other members (like Nate@IND) have withheld part numbers on exclusive parts. I'm not the only one.
Sometimes sharing your work/progress might lead to a faster solution .as others might be able to help with knowledge or alternate sources....
But each their own
In any case good luck....
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0