M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
BMW1986
Major
 
BMW1986's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 1,462
iTrader: (7)

If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
__________________
11 E92 M3 DCT Jerez Black ZCP...Eisenmann, Dinan, Fabspeed, IND, LUX

BMW1986 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Tylerstar
Captain
 
Tylerstar's Avatar
 
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 950
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
This makes me really consider doing Euro delivery, knowing that i am 5th on the list. And i need to have my car here by August-September range, because my lease ends in august. What do you guys think?
Tylerstar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerStarBmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
This makes me really consider doing Euro delivery, knowing that i am 5th on the list. And i need to have my car here by August-September range, because my lease ends in august. What do you guys think?
go for it. ED is the only way to purchase a BMW. it makes more sense the higher the msrp of the car as well.
Necromancer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
 
chillin4now's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
Can someone then, please describe the process? Can these be ordered now if there is not an allocation requirement? I guess I am having a hard time understanding this process if there is not a wait for allocation.
chillin4now is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
dingding
Private
 
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Can someone then, please describe the process? Can these be ordered now if there is not an allocation requirement? I guess I am having a hard time understanding this process if there is not a wait for allocation.

Cars sold through ED generally do not come out of the dealer's allocation--in the past M cars and newly introduced models where supply is limited (e.g. coupes and convertibles in 2007) have reduced a dealer's allocation. The net result--a dealer is selling an extra car, rather than one of his allocated cars that he could sell to someone else at close to MSRP, as is the case with US delivery. Not all dealers realize that ED cars are basically bonus sales. Many refuse to negotiate off of the ED MSRP price, or try to explain that there are extra costs associated with ED for the dealer (where there are none). Generally speaking, if your dealer says this, you should look for another dealer. It is routine to pay $500 to $700 above Euro Delivery Wholesale Pricing (which should be provided to you), with no additional dealer fees aside from the typical tax, title and license fees (which vary from state to state). Note that the "Training Service Fee" is not to be charged for ED sales.
dingding is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
 
chillin4now's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
Cars sold through ED generally do not come out of the dealer's allocation--in the past M cars and newly introduced models where supply is limited (e.g. coupes and convertibles in 2007) have reduced a dealer's allocation. The net result--a dealer is selling an extra car, rather than one of his allocated cars that he could sell to someone else at close to MSRP, as is the case with US delivery. Not all dealers realize that ED cars are basically bonus sales. Many refuse to negotiate off of the ED MSRP price, or try to explain that there are extra costs associated with ED for the dealer (where there are none). Generally speaking, if your dealer says this, you should look for another dealer. It is routine to pay $500 to $700 above Euro Delivery Wholesale Pricing (which should be provided to you), with no additional dealer fees aside from the typical tax, title and license fees (which vary from state to state). Note that the "Training Service Fee" is not to be charged for ED sales.
Thanks dingding. But, how and when does the dealer know he has this car available to him for ordering purposes. Hence my question, if there is no allocation required at this point, why can't an order be made now?

I have been told by 2 out of 3 dealers I am on the list with, that I will get ED MSRP on the base price of the car and full price for all options (7% off base only).

I do not need the car until late Oct-Nov, so I dont need to be #1 as I see it. But anything after Nov, I will probably put off until spring, as I dont want to be dealing with snow banks with 560hp.
chillin4now is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 16,354
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Thanks dingding. But, how and when does the dealer know he has this car available to him for ordering purposes. Hence my question, if there is no allocation required at this point, why can't an order be made now?

I have been told by 2 out of 3 dealers I am on the list with, that I will get ED MSRP on the base price of the car and full price for all options (7% off base only).

I do not need the car until late Oct-Nov, so I dont need to be #1 as I see it. But anything after Nov, I will probably put off until spring, as I dont want to be dealing with snow banks with 560hp.

Ok so Ryan was a little confused on the questions so he answered a couple things.

First ED Process:
Ryan puts an order in our system, submit a euro pre-reservation, euro fill the order, and email a confirmation date and for the delivery to Ryan. He then follows up with the customer and finalizes the deal.

ED submitted orders (even though they don't come out of dealer allocation bank)
This is on the dealer. We have submitted orders to Euro already but haven't received a response yet. Your dealer can submit your ED orders now just depend on euro to get back to the dealer with confirmation.

Hope that helps? In a nutshell when doing ED, Euro controls the process we don't. We just submit the request and they grant them and let us know when everything will take place.

Feel free to email Ryan with any question
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special ALL M CARS--> http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Ok so Ryan was a little confused on the questions so he answered a couple things.

First ED Process:
Ryan puts an order in our system, submit a euro pre-reservation, euro fill the order, and email a confirmation date and for the delivery to Ryan. He then follows up with the customer and finalizes the deal.

ED submitted orders (even though they don't come out of dealer allocation bank)
This is on the dealer. We have submitted orders to Euro already but haven't received a response yet. Your dealer can submit your ED orders now just depend on euro to get back to the dealer with confirmation.

Hope that helps? In a nutshell when doing ED, Euro controls the process we don't. We just submit the request and they grant them and let us know when everything will take place.

Feel free to email Ryan with any question
Hey thanks for the clairification guys. This really helps a lot. I'll be calling my dealer today.
RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 16,354
iTrader: (4)

sounds good.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special ALL M CARS--> http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
dingding
Private
 
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey thanks for the clairification guys. This really helps a lot. I'll be calling my dealer today.
BTW. Do not pay your dealer ED MSRP since the car is not gonna come out from dealers allocation. My dealer agreed to do ED invoice + $1000.
dingding is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
matthewEW
Private
 
Drives: Audi TT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
BTW. Do not pay your dealer ED MSRP since the car is not gonna come out from dealers allocation. My dealer agreed to do ED invoice + $1000.
Dingding, it is time to look for another dealer. Your dealer is trying to make a quick buck off you, unless you are too busy to look for another one. Even here in the NYC tristate area, l found dealers who will sell you at MSRP. I haven't found any that will do less than MSRP as I only contacted around 7, but some people in this forum were able to find them who will sell below MSRP. I am sure you can find one in your State who will sell you at MSRP. Good Luck.
matthewEW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #12
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
Dingding, it is time to look for another dealer. Your dealer is trying to make a quick buck off you, unless you are too busy to look for another one. Even here in the NYC tristate area, l found dealers who will sell you at MSRP. I haven't found any that will do less than MSRP as I only contacted around 7, but some people in this forum were able to find them who will sell below MSRP. I am sure you can find one in your State who will sell you at MSRP. Good Luck.
I think you misread his post. He said invoice plus $1,000 and you seem to be thinking he said MSRP plus $1,000.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
matthewEW
Private
 
Drives: Audi TT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
I think you misread his post. He said invoice plus $1,000 and you seem to be thinking he said MSRP plus $1,000.
Yes. I thought he said $1000 over MSRP. Dingding got a good deal. He got the invoice price quote. I know I would have been able to find one here in the NY TriState area but I think MSRP is good enough -- let the dealership make some money too, just not too much to fleece me, he he.
matthewEW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
BTW. Do not pay your dealer ED MSRP since the car is not gonna come out from dealers allocation. My dealer agreed to do ED invoice + $1000.
Yeah I know, I saw the other thread! That is extremely good news! I just emailed my dealer telling him that I am not going to pay ED MSRP and that the most I will pay is ED Invoice + $1,000. I'm so glad that you got that deal man! Congrats again!!!
RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST