M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #67
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
So was Robin Hood, but he didn't hurt anyone. That's just as loaded as what you just quoted.
Huh? That makes no sense. Holmes was a well-armed citizen who killed 12 people. There is no distinction between a good or bad well-armed citizen obviously. He made that very clear, didn't he?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #68
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Huh? That makes no sense. Holmes was a well-armed citizen who killed 12 people. There is no distinction between a good or bad well-armed citizen obviously. He made that very clear, didn't he?
Your post makes zero sense. Are you implying that every well-armed citizen has the ability to walk into a room and kill 12 people? Quit focusing on the weapon, and think a little outside of the box. He could've walked in with an ax and done just as much.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #69
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

If the topic was lumber tools then perhaps you'd make a point but, it's not. And why would I need to imply anything? That's exactly what occurred!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #70
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
If the topic was lumber tools then perhaps you'd make a point but, it's not. And why would I need to imply anything? That's exactly what occurred!
Lets ban chainsaws while we're at it, wouldn't want a crazed citizen to reenact the chainsaw massacre. Baseball bats, too. Wouldn't want a crazed Mets fan to go crazy at Dick's Sporting Goods.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #71
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Are you implying that every well-armed citizen has the ability to walk into a room and kill 12 people? Quit focusing on the weapon, and think a little outside of the box. He could've walked in with an ax and done just as much.
why wouldn't they have the ability? And what would keep any argument or road rage incident from turning deadly? And an ax would've killed one, then the guy would've been taken down.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #72
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerjph's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Lets ban chainsaws while we're at it, wouldn't want a crazed citizen to reenact the chainsaw massacre. Baseball bats, too. Wouldn't want a crazed Mets fan to go crazy at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Hell if we are going that far lets remove people's limbs so they can't beat other people to death.
Guns don't kill people. Fucked up people kill people.

A person that crazy would have killed even if all guns were banned. What he probably would have done then is make a bomb.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #73
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
why wouldn't they have the ability? And what would keep any argument or road rage incident from turning deadly? And an ax would've killed one, then the guy would've been taken down.
Because killing 12 people, and wounding 50 is not something every person has the mental ability to do. You think you know that all people with guns can walk in and kill someone, but very few gun owners can unless they are in danger themselves.

Did you not read my stats on Australia? There was a mass killing in Canada not too long ago, not legal to carry there, either. Bottom line is guns are far from the problem. The person carrying it is. You can't tell if someone has the intent on being a murder when buying a gun, because the human psych is invisible to most.

All he had to do, was carry one small pistol, lock the theater door after he reentered, and pointed the gun at anyone that came near him, while using the ax to do what he planned. No one would of known the difference between movie scream, and dying screams.

If you're going to argue gun laws, think a little bit farther than bullets leave a gun and kill people, therefore guns kill people. Also, pull stats on the countries that have adapted the laws you wish would come into effect.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #74
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Lets ban chainsaws while we're at it, wouldn't want a crazed citizen to reenact the chainsaw massacre. Baseball bats, too. Wouldn't want a crazed Mets fan to go crazy at Dick's Sporting Goods.
So silly and you're moving away from the focal point because you're in a no win situation. Again, you want to compare a tool used to cut lumbar to one that was essentially created to kill or maim a person or animal.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #75
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
So silly and you're moving away from the focal point because you're in a no win situation. Again, you want to compare a tool used to cut lumbar to one that was essentially created to kill or maim a person or animal.
You completely averted my question by stating the obvious; you clearly need to learn arguing techniques before you call someone on them. I provided concrete facts, you provided your ignorant opinion.

I mock people with terrible arguments, hence my sarcasm.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #76
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
You completely averted my question by stating the obvious; you clearly need to learn arguing techniques before you call someone on them. I provided concrete facts, you provided your ignorant opinion.

I mock people with terrible arguments, hence my sarcasm.
Bringing up lumbar tools when the discussion is firearms that were designed to kill multiple people with one pull of the trigger is in fact you averting and desperately reaching to stay relevant in a discussion.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #77
NAV8TT
Major
NAV8TT's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
883
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

iTrader: (0)

I guess it should be more restricted. Why would any citizen be allowed to buy 2 guns, a rifle and a shot gun over a span of 2 months, I mean come on, this should ring a f**** bell.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #78
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Bringing up lumbar tools when the discussion is firearms that were designed to kill multiple people with one pull of the trigger is in fact you averting and desperately reaching to stay relevant in a discussion.
That was mockery based on your opinion, so you're inadvertently stating your relevance is not needed. I posted concrete facts, that I'm still waiting on someone to argue.

If you want to get technical, he used a shotgun that is built for hunting, so it's exactly like my mockery.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #79
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
That was mockery based on your opinion, so you're inadvertently stating your relevance is not needed. I posted concrete facts, that I'm still waiting on someone to argue.

If you want to get technical, he used a shotgun that is built for hunting, so it's exactly like my mockery.
That was another attempt by an uninformed poster thinking firearms can be compared to objects that are inherently dangerous BUT are not designed to kill or maim living beings. And bringing in graphics from other nations pertaining to guns and simplifying gun violence globally is lazy research on your part. Your research is paper thin and really isn't as concrete as you believe. America has the most comprehensive law enforcement organizations on the planet yet gun violence still prevails. Gun violence is woven into our cultural threads. Many of those nations you highlighted still operate on dated cultural ethos. The landscape also dictates vulnerability, not just from humans but also wild animals. I been to Australia and a gun is necessary outside of the boarders. But, you wouldn't know that.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #80
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
That was another attempt by an uninformed poster thinking firearms can be compared to objects that are inherently dangerous BUT are not designed to kill or maim living beings. And bringing in graphics from other nations pertaining to guns and simplifying gun violence globally is lazy research on your part. Your research is paper thin and really isn't as concrete as you believe. America has the most comprehensive law enforcement organizations on the planet yet gun violence still prevails. Gun violence is woven into our cultural threads. Many of those nations you highlighted still operate on dated cultural ethos. The landscape also dictates vulnerability, not just from humans but also wild animals. I been to Australia and a gun is necessary outside of the boarders. But, you wouldn't know that.
You're saying that a person with murderous tendencies would not kill people if he didn't have a gun. Ax's were never used in killing fashion all over the globe for centuries before the gun was created? You know my travel schedule and what I've visited? You're making broad assumptions on info that is not at your disposal because you're letting emotion toll over your argument.

Outlaw swords at Comi-con too, since they were used for centuries to kill living things, am I following your argument now?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #81
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
You're saying that a person with murderous tendencies would not kill people if he didn't have a gun. Ax's were never used in killing fashion all over the globe for centuries before the gun was created? You know my travel schedule and what I've visited? You're making broad assumptions on info that is not at your disposal because you're letting emotion toll over your argument.

Outlaw swords at Comi-con too, since they were used for centuries to kill living things, am I following your argument now?
No. You're saying that. Somewhere in between reading my replies and responding you're getting extremely confused and it's becoming more evident. A person is more likely to use a killing-tool, a gun, to kill masses of people in the US, than using a chainsaw, which is, a lumbar tool. I can purchase a chainsaw with very little interruption. Not so with a firearm. Also, your argument is getting a bit adolescent with the silly comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #82
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
No. You're saying that. Somewhere in between reading my replies and responding you're getting extremely confused and it's becoming more evident. A person is more likely to use a killing-tool, a gun, to kill masses of people in the US, than using a chainsaw, which is, a lumbar tool. I can purchase a chainsaw with very little interruption. Not so with a firearm. Also, your argument is getting a bit adolescent with the silly comparisons.

Just give up man. You haven't posted one thing to back your opinion other than guns were built to kill living things--which you misconstrue as other people, which I'd love to see evidence of. They were designed for hunting, and fighting wars--JUST like the weapons that preceded guns, that are commercially available to anyone over 16. I for one CAN provide evidence that swords, ax's, and bats(clubs) were used in battles to kill other humans. Yet those things are just as easily bought, even by CONVICTED murders. You completely ignore the argument by dwelling on sarcasm, rather than admit I'm right. Are swords not just as dangerous in the correct hands?

Murders use guns because they are the easiest to get the job done, take them off the planet, they'll use the next best thing. And then we'll be arguing sword laws. Outlaw them, and they will just order them from 1000 different black market connections, and ONLY criminals will have them. You say guns are bad, but you won't look past what you want to happen, and see what would happen if your wish was granted. You'd have the SAME amount of criminals, SAME amount of guns in the wrong hands, and ZERO guns in anyone else's hands other than law officials, which we all know are omnipotent and can be everywhere at once.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #83
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
No. You're saying that. Somewhere in between reading my replies and responding you're getting extremely confused and it's becoming more evident. A person is more likely to use a killing-tool, a gun, to kill masses of people in the US, than using a chainsaw, which is, a lumbar tool. I can purchase a chainsaw with very little interruption. Not so with a firearm. Also, your argument is getting a bit adolescent with the silly comparisons.
Actually, a lumbar saw would cut a person's torso in half. A lumber saw would cut wood.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #84
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Actually, a lumbar saw would cut a person's torso in half. A lumber saw would cut wood.
Awesome input. Iphone errors.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #85
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
48
Rep
1,232
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
plain and simple...any human motivated to kill can and will be sucessful

the tools and manner of death is secondary...be it a handgun, nitrogen bomb (tim mcveigh) cyanide gas, commercial airplane...you name the weapon...

You are free to surrender your civil liberties for the allusion of safety...just don't take mine
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #86
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Just give up man. You haven't posted one thing to back your opinion other than guns were built to kill living things--which you misconstrue as other people, which I'd love to see evidence of. They were designed for hunting, and fighting wars--JUST like the weapons that preceded guns, that are commercially available to anyone over 16. I for one CAN provide evidence that swords, ax's, and bats(clubs) were used in battles to kill other humans. Yet those things are just as easily bought, even by CONVICTED murders. You completely ignore the argument by dwelling on sarcasm, rather than admit I'm right. Are swords not just as dangerous in the correct hands?

What's up with people like you coming on forums claiming victory when your entire posts are absent of any real content. Big deal, you post someone else's data. And? Wow you make an adolescent comparison between guns and a lumber tool. You call that good work?

You will not win one argument pertaining to guns if all you have is to segue into other discussions comparing objects that can also be used to kill people if the person doing the killing really has a violent nature. This position is one of the dumbest and hollowest pro-gun arguments that always come up. If you look at the design and functionality of a firearm, like the one's we see daily used to kill other humans, you wouldn't be desperately trying to move the focus to firearms that are not of topic like the ones you mentioned. No one is trying to ban bb-guns, or freakin' muskets, for crying out-loud. Stay focused. Besides, hunting and wars are not of topic which you are having great difficultly staying on. We are talking about a legally license individual arming himself and flipping out on a mass of people. That's the topic. Not ancient wars. Not duck hunting. Not hammers or nail-guns. Get with it or go somewhere else to play.



Quote:
Murders use guns because they are the easiest to get the job done, take them off the planet, they'll use the next best thing. And then we'll be arguing sword laws. Outlaw them, and they will just order them from 1000 different black market connections, and ONLY criminals will have them. You say guns are bad, but you won't look past what you want to happen, and see what would happen if your wish was granted. You'd have the SAME amount of criminals, SAME amount of guns in the wrong hands, and ZERO guns in anyone else's hands other than law officials, which we all know are omnipotent and can be everywhere at once.
Your first sentences has zero angles to reply to. Guns are used in acts of violence. That's the tool of choice in violent crimes in just about every case in which a gun is employed. It is universally understood that the functionality of a gun is to maim or kill. Even if you're shooting at a damn target or watermelon, who is the shooter fantasizing about hitting??? Where I'm from, hunting is only a few weeks long. The rest of the year guns are used to settle disputes, rob and intimidate citizens. Get out of your utopia. I cannot begin to address your hypotheticals. They don't exist. Your reasoning is just below what most adults would entertain in a discussion like this. None of the above addresses the topic of guns and violence. You're just downplaying gun violence by saying another tool will replace it in a violent society. That is not a solution by any stretch of the imagination. That is an opinion from a jaded gun lover who wants to convince us all that there is no problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #87
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
What's up with people like you coming on forums claiming victory when your entire posts are absent of any real content. Big deal, you post someone else's data. And? Wow you make an adolescent comparison between guns and a lumber tool. You call that good work?

You will not win one argument pertaining to guns if all you have is to segue into other discussions comparing objects that can also be used to kill people if the person doing the killing really has a violent nature. This position is one of the dumbest and hollowest pro-gun arguments that always come up. If you look at the design and functionality of a firearm, like the one's we see daily used to kill other humans, you wouldn't be desperately trying to move the focus to firearms that are not of topic like the ones you mentioned. No one is trying to ban bb-guns, or freakin' muskets, for crying out-loud. Stay focused. Besides, hunting and wars are not of topic which you are having great difficultly staying on. We are talking about a legally license individual arming himself and flipping out on a mass of people. That's the topic. Not ancient wars. Not duck hunting. Not hammers or nail-guns. Get with it or go somewhere else to play.





Your first sentences has zero angles to reply to. Guns are used in acts of violence. That's the tool of choice in violent crimes in just about every case in which a gun is employed. It is universally understood that the functionality of a gun is to maim or kill. Even if you're shooting at a damn target or watermelon, who is the shooter fantasizing about hitting??? Where I'm from, hunting is only a few weeks long. The rest of the year guns are used to settle disputes, rob and intimidate citizens. Get out of your utopia. I cannot begin to address your hypotheticals. They don't exist. Your reasoning is just below what most adults would entertain in a discussion like this. None of the above addresses the topic of guns and violence. You're just downplaying gun violence by saying another tool will replace it in a violent society. That is not a solution by any stretch of the imagination. That is an opinion from a jaded gun lover who wants to convince us all that there is no problem.
Guns were NOT created for violence, and I BEG you to provide any evidence towards that statement. They were created for hunting, and wars between military. Did you really just say I posted other peoples' stuff so it's not viable evidence. We're supposed to take YOUR opinion over concrete data derived from countries with gun laws prohibiting citizens from owning them? That's logical. Years of dead bodies have shown up in hospitals with gunshot wounds, in countries that deem guns illegal, is no longer quality evidence that gun control will do absolutely nothing. Data has become false, and 48laws is the only person with the correct evidence for this discussion.

Let's hear from you what would happen if gun control was enacted. I'm interested in what evidence you have that states success.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #88
48Laws
Captain
10
Rep
607
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Guns were NOT created for violence, and I BEG you to provide any evidence towards that statement. They were created for hunting, and wars between military. Did you really just say I posted other peoples' stuff so it's not viable evidence. We're supposed to take YOUR opinion over concrete data derived from countries with gun laws prohibiting citizens from owning them? That's logical. Years of dead bodies have shown up in hospitals with gunshot wounds, in countries that deem guns illegal, is no longer quality evidence that gun control will do absolutely nothing. Data has become false, and 48laws is the only person with the correct evidence for this discussion.

Let's hear from you what would happen if gun control was enacted. I'm interested in what evidence you have that states success.

Wow! So, you don't see hunting as a violent act, regardless of necessity, toward a living animal? You don't see wars as a violent act toward another person, country, faction, entity?


Hey, genius. Gun control has already been enacted. LMAO
You are completely missing the theme in this gun debate. You completely do not understand what's at the core of a gun and what they are used for.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST