M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

11-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Louis View Post
An example of you don't know what you don't know! An opinion stated like a fact doesn't make it a fact.

On the west coast the Customs impound lot is located on the VPC property -- last week it was completely full; I was there. The west coast VPC can process about 250 cars a day. Some RoRos can carry upwards of 7,000 cars. The ship arriving at the west coast VPC made one stop on the way, in San Diego where they don't have much dock space for cars at the dock where the ship stopped. After the BMW VPC the ship went to Japan to pick up Japanese cars. (It was a Japanese shipping comany - NYK Line).

To check a single car for shipping body damage alone takes several minutes, I've watched them do it. In additionn, each car is run through a carwash that takes about 5 minutes, not including the time it takes to drive it to the wash equipment. Then there is a software process that needs to take place to "wake" the car from shipping mode. There's many other things including polishing them.

Also, RPiM5 reported his CA told him: "Well my CA made a good point saying that since BMW decided to redirect their unsold cars from Europe and China to the U.S. Market, the cargo ships are fully laden with BMW's. Making the VPC's flooded with brand new BMW's getting off the ships. Thusly slowing down VPC processing." My CA told me essentially the same thing -- BMW is sending them so many cars they don't know where to put them.

Your underlining premise -- your first sentence -- is "off." The resulting opinions are not factually correct.
So please enlightening me how RPi and my car are still at VPC while cars that arrived a week after both of us are being delivered.

RPI's car arrived a week before mine. BarryB's car was made two weeks after my drop off. Arrived one week after mine. And his car is being delivered.

BMW must know something about both of our cars and is not telling us the truth. I suspect both of our car suffered additional body damage either during transit or VPC. That is why is taking forever to get both of our cars out.

My oil pump, bumper, and 1200 miles service (which was done way too early by VPC) was completed on monday. Today is thursday. The fact BMW is not telling me when my car will be released, shows something else is wrong.

Backlog i can understand. But to have a car that made two weeks after mine drop off and got on boat super quickly that arrived only a week after me, then the car is delivered already.

It does not make sense at all. BMW is lieing to both me and RPIM5.
      11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
I have been to VPC several times as well.

My beef is that there are cars that were made two weeks after my drop off in germany on 9/16. Made a boat that only left a week behind my boat. That car is delivered before mine.

I am furious because BMW has not told me anything after monday.

So far BMW has wasted 4.5 weeks on delivery of my car.

My car made to port on 9/19. But it missed Fidelio that left on 9/28. I made cephues leader on 10/1. Why did my car set until 10/1 is beyond me. At worse case I would have been on Fidelio that left 9 days after my car reaches port.

2. Cepheus leader arrived on 10/25. The custom was cleared on 26th. But BMW told me they go my car on 30th, which is BS. Because their own website showed my car at VPC on 28th.

3. I had a little chip on my rear bumper that requires new paint. But from 10/28 to today 11/8. A total of 11 days. I have no idea what is going on.

The fact that a later car made earlier than mine is not acceptable.
I beleive if you think holistically about the entire process, there are some items that you guys are leaving out that affect the schedule and speed. The fact that your car sat at the port in Bremerhaven could easily be attributed to the fact that with so many cars being shipped, you were not far enough to the front of the line to get on that particualr boat. Essentially, the boats before the one you got on were already full.

Same thing on the other end, the hold up in people getting their cars can be attributable to a lack of trucks to take them to the dealerships. I was told by the trucking company that they are going as fast as they can and that I had to wait for a number of truck before my car had a place on one.

Beleive me not knowing certainly sucks, but it appears that there is currently a large influx of cars that are having to be dealt with and that the weakest link at any of the multiple stages in this process is what affects the speed of delivery of cars.

Add a hurricane and an oil pump recall for good measure and the time adds up quickly.
      11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

All i wanted was an truthful update.

I got a call back from BMWNA today from special sales supervisor.

My car will be released next tuesday.

All i can say i heard more and more excuse.

1. We have too many backlog and the car are processed in order as they come in.
BS#1- Barry's car made it before RPi and Mine.
I don't understand that even after my emails to BMWNA clearly stated that I know for fact that there were other M5 after RPiM5 and me was delivered.

Her response was classic- That is not possible. I have to give her more info to set her straight.

2. When i called on monday- i was told oil pump was done, 1200 miles service was done, and bumper were fixed.

Today the newest update- My bumper was not yet fixed. They are having problem fixing the Amazonite Silver. It will take at least until tuesday next week.

On the early 1200 miles service that was performed on my car. Her first response was we typically do that because customer request to have it done earlier so they don't need to go to dealership again. I am like "huh"? I never requested to have 1200 miles service done. Then she miraculously log into a system and changed her story- I am sorry. The 1200 miles service was not done. Just a check.

As of this morning, I am more confused then ever.

1. If my bumper was not fixed and 1200 miles service was not performed. Why was i told so on monday???

2. Amazonite Silver is an individual color that is offered by BMW NA on their website. Its not like some obscure individual color. So BMWNA is basically telling me that there is no way for my bumper to be color correctly. They are having issue matching the paint.

Come on. If this is the case, why can't they tell me earlier. I am okay with the car to be fixed perfectly. But the story keeps on changing. Also, Amazonite Silver has been available for order for almost a year as std. individual color. BMWNA does not have the right paint mix or capability to fix it??

This is just amazing to me.
      11-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Not that I am happy about this but it's nice to see I am not the only who experience the gross incompetence of BMW's customer relation basis. I truly admire them as a automaker but they should direct their resources to improving logistics opposed to creating cars that are becoming redundant i.e - 5 series GT, 4 series, 2 series, 4 series gran coupe, X6....

What happened recently to me should be a text book lesson on customer relations and the consequences it could yield. Luckily for them I am a devoted ///M fan and I still got my M5. Due to BMW not being able to give me a definitive answer as to status of my car I called another dealer and subsequently got the car for much much cheaper. What is truly astounding is this... When I called BMWNA I lied and said; I have a lease ending this Friday. The leasing company is going to take the car back. I set that date because BMW promised 6-8 weeks. What am supposed to do because of your incompetence to offer answers to where your $100k piece of merchandise lingers? If I do not get a answer today, I must go and get my second choice, a E63. They replied; Sorry, my supervisor said we have no info, talk to your dealer. Really????????????? I am still baffled by that reply.

What adds insult to injury that later on Thursday after I made a deal with another dealer a TRUCKER delivering other BMWs to the dealer I originally placed my order with had more information to what was going than my dealer and BMWNA Again...REALLY????? He said that Baltimore cars were being shipped via truck to NJ VPC to get processed. Then from there released to carrier, obviously. Wow, the lone trucker knew a answer we have all been dying to know. Why wasn't this intel handed to customer relations and or dealers?

To end this story, as I was en route to the dealer 3 hours away for a better deal, the oringinal dealer texted me that my car was going to be here Saturday or Monday. Too late, all they had to do was give me information. Disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Gentleman,

I believe this thread is highly warranted at this time and is a testament as to the true incompetence of the morons that are working at the BMW VDC, BMW Corporate in New Jersey, and BMW NA Customer Relations. I will now divulge some information that I have been withholding now for quite some time. As you will see according to my timeline, not only have I been wronged, but it is apparant that there is pretty much no method to the madness in how cars are processed through the VDC. There were a few cars processed and delivered before mine that should have been afterwards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 20th: My M5 arrived in port Hueneme.

Oct 26th: It was accepted into the VDC after going through customs.

Nov 1st: Was told by BMW Euro Delivery Corporate that my M5 finally recieved paperwork from U.S. Customs so that processing could be started by VDC.

Nov 1st: Was informed by an inside source that the VDC actually ran out of oil pumps for all of the new F10 M5s coming through that were still affected by the oil pump recall. Was told to expect redelivery mid-late the following week after a new batch of oil pumps were shipped to the VDC.

Nov 2nd: Recieved info that the first Euro Delivery M5 from Sept 1st Euro Delivery was released to the carrier for shipment to BMW of Santa Barbara, which is my dealer.

Nov 5th: Recieved info that the M5 that was released on Friday Nov 2nd, was picked up and re-delivered to customer at BMW of Santa Barbara.

Nov 5th: Recieved info that another Euro Delivery M5 customer who was on the Cepheus Leader, and who's M5 arrived at Port Hueneme 6 days after mine did, was already processed through Customs and the VDC with a new oil pump installed, was released from the VDC to the shipping truck carrier on Nov 5th.

Nov 7th: Recieved inside info that my CA sent a special request to mark my M5 hot hot. BarryB's car was given same status.

Nov 7th: Recieved info that customers in San Francisco and Oregon who were on the same ship as my M5, the Fidelio, have already taken re-delivery of their Euro Delivery M5's, with their new oil pumps installed as well.

Nov 8th: Called BMW Corporate Special European Delivery Department. Was told that they would contact VDC and mark my car extremely high priority.

Nov 8th: Spoke with special BMW NA Customer Relations supervisor (who was actually very nice and empathetic with me) and stated that they would contact BMW Corporate to help me.

Nov 9th: Recieved info that Euro Delivery M5 that was on Fidelio was re-delivered to Customer at BMW South County in San Diego yesterday.

Nov 9th: Recieved info that BarryB picked up his M5 at dealer today. Was told that his got through faster because there was no oil pump installation required.

Nov 9th: Revieved info that Euro Delivery M5 that was on the Cepheus Leader is to be redelivered to customer at dealer to today.

Nov 9th: 11:01am. Still no new word from any source, as what my car is doing at the VDC, when it will be released, or when I can expect to take re-delivery.

-------------------------------------------------------

After analyzing the data, I have to conclude that their must be some kind of damage to my vehicle that BMW is not being forthcoming about. Otherwise, why would it take 7 working days for BMW to do the normal inspection and install the new oil pump? Especially when they are getting other M5's through faster than mine, that shouldn't be.

At this point I am only using this forum as a vent, and expect no one real person to be able to help me. I have officially lost all faith in BMW and their ability to treat me fairly as a customer. I intend on demanding restitution for this ill treatment and will continue to call them, write emails, letters, and whatever I need to do, even long after I have my M5 redelivered to me. If my M5 wasn't Euro Delivery, I would be currently walking away and going to Audi to buy an R8. This is just appalling.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
mgallen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Black

How did your bumper get damaged? Was it damaged during transit. or during your time driving in Europe?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #29
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallen
How did your bumper get damaged? Was it damaged during transit. or during your time driving in Europe?
My bumper has about a iPhone flash size of paint chip.

It was discovered when I drop of the car at Frankfurt. It was barely noticeable. I think someone has bumped into it during the trip.

I am pretty sure same thing is happening to my car as RPIM5.

My bumper can be prepared and repaired in a day.

There must be additional damage to my car and is taking a while to get fixed. May be engine blew up during the move from port to VPC. That is probably the reason why my car triggered another 1200 miles check.

I know BMWNA is not telling the truth.
      11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

The plot thickens gents.

I just got off the phone with BMW Euro Delivery Dept at Corporate in New Jersey. They have informed that according to their system, it looks like my oil pump was installed and the work order completed on Monday Nov 5th. I literally had to asked her to repeat herself 3 times, because I simply could not believe what I was hearing. I then asked her, if this was the case, then why is today Nov 9th and I still don't have my car?!?!?!?!?! :mad0 260:: mad0260:

Her only exuse was that the M5 still had to go through the normal VDC processing treatment. I then asked her, how could my car take so long completing the standard processing when my car and BarryB's car were put on a hot hot status on the same day and his car is being delivered today and I'm still without an M5? She didn't have an answer.

I also told her about the ED M5 customer who's M5 was delivered to the VDC 6 days after mine and was released, with a new oil pump, on Nov 5th.
At first she got really upset and said that that was just not possible.
I then gave her the VIN number to his M5 as proof. She said that she was going to investigate it and get back to me. Yeah right! They don't want to admit a mistake I'm sure, but we'll see.

I'm totally at a loss at this point. Anyways, I'm still trying to contact my BMW Customer Relations contact to tell her of these developments and start laying out my terms for compensation for this BS!

Last edited by RPiM5; 11-11-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #31
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Well I thought the oil pump was the hold up for you guys. So much for that theory.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #32
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

At a loss for words....astonishing is the only adjective I can come up with. I'm gonna say a prayer for you RPI...I really hope you get your car and receive compensation for your troubles. It's as if they know you already signed for the car so they are not as motivated to help.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a call back from Corporate in New Jersey.

My M5 is delayed because it was in fact damaged during shipping. They said that my front bumper got smashed in but would not give me details on the extent of the damage. They did say that the VDC expects that they will release it next Monday as they have been working on it since Tuesday.

Now was that so hard BMW?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!

And in the words of Ace Ventura Pet Detective: "Man I'm tired of being RIGHT!"

Fucking A!

Last edited by RPiM5; 11-09-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #34
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

Wouldn't it be more amazing if my car was the one that backed into your car.

My car was repaired on 11/5 too.

Now is waiting to get rear bumper replaced and repainted.

What a coincidence.

My original damage on Germany was smaller than iPhone back side flash. Barely visible.

Now I need a new rear bumper and there is a color Mis-match problem.

This all makes sense now.

I think both of us were systematically lied to.
      11-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #35
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme
Wouldn't it be more amazing if my car was the one that backed into your car.

My car was repaired on 11/5 too.

Now is waiting to get rear bumper replaced and repainted.

What a coincidence.

My original damage on Germany was smaller than iPhone back side flash. Barely visible.

Now I need a new rear bumper and there is a color Mis-match problem.

This all makes sense now.

I think both of us were systematically lied to.
Yeah I think it's too much of a coincidence at this point and I'm not ruling it out. I just want my car back already though!

Appreciate 0