BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
sales@vivid
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 DCT

Send a message via AIM to sales@vivid
SSR Photoshoot with the Vivid Racing M5

Before the VR M5 returned from SEMA, our friends at SSR did a quick photoshoot to showcase the new Executor CV01's that we had fitted.
They are spec'd put at 21x9 and 21x10.5 in a brushed finish with a polished step lip. H&R springs help get the car a little lower on the tires. The Carbon Hood, Trunk, and Diffuser are all Seibon pieces, while the front lip is a one-off that we made in house. Exhaust is an Eisenmann race system, combines with a set of Agency Power downpipes. IND supplied the blacked out front and side grills.
Enjoy!

480.966.3040 Ext: 236
Call and ask for ANTHONY for quotes and special M5post pricing!
Anthony@VividRacing.com
sales@vivid is offline   United_States
      11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
chudak18
Captain

Drives: E92 335, W463 G55

Garage List
Will you be producing the lip for the market? I kinda liiikke ; D
      11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
singularity
Driver

Drives: M5 (F10)

I think all these tuners should give up changing wheels. Gangsta Style Escalade wheels don't belong here, you're doing it wrong... I don't care what company, BBS or whatever - they all look bad on this car. Stock wheels are the best ones I have seen, kudos to BMW on making wheels which look good for many years, match the car's looks and performance and are unique.

M6GC wheels was another example of how beautiful stock wheels can be upgraded further.
      11-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
sales@vivid
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudak18 View Post
Will you be producing the lip for the market? I kinda liiikke ; D
No plans to right now. There hasn't been a big interest in them. But, if we do, I will keep you in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I think all these tuners should give up changing wheels. Gangsta Style Escalade wheels don't belong here, you're doing it wrong... I don't care what company, BBS or whatever - they all look bad on this car. Stock wheels are the best ones I have seen, kudos to BMW on making wheels which look good for many years, match the car's looks and performance and are unique.

M6GC wheels was another example of how beautiful stock wheels can be upgraded further.
Interesting opinion. While I vehemently disagree with you about tuners giving up changing wheels, this hobby, for a lot of people, is about making their car fit their individual tastes. If you like the OEM wheels, more power to you.
In referring to our wheels in particular, SSR has been involved with motorsports since the mid 70's. Formula Nippon, Touring Car, Gran Touring GT300 and GT500 series cars, as well as providing wheels for the same. They may not suit your particular tastes, but they certainly aren't, a random, off the shelf, triple chrome, "Gangsta Style Elscalade wheels", with spinners.
And comparing them to such is ridiculous.

Anthony@VividRacing.com
      11-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
singularity
Driver

Thanks for the reply. What is the main intended logic for these wheel changes? To improve looks or lightweight?

I believe the percentage of people who change their wheels to these style wheels (few) reflects the actual percentage of people who prefer these over stock, not monetary concern.

Wish you best and only improvement in design.
      11-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General

Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
When a 100k M5 looks not much different from a 40k 528, changing the wheels is a must. Enuf said. Also, when you are the only M5 owner in a 10 mile radius, it's ok to keep it stock. But when your neighbor's grandma also parks one in her garage, you oughta make it a bit more unique by putting some blings blings on

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Bluesummer is offline   Taiwan
      11-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Zlaatan
Second Lieutenant

Drives: RWD

I wrote a post about this on another forum. I think it's really strange that so many people prefer the stock wheels on so many cars. I mean there are hundreds of beautiful wheel styles out there, the chance that BMW would put the wheel that most people think looks the best just doesn't make sense.

I think a lot of people like the stock wheels becuase they are the stock wheels. It's what BMW decided to put on the car, it's the first wheels they see on the car and therefor it's the best. And just like singularity says, it becomes to "gangsta" to change.
But there are quite a few people who doesn't want to spend $5-8000 for "just" a different type of wheel, even though they just bought a $100k car

The only cars I would keep stock are hypercars and some limited edition cars. But on "standard" cars like the M-cars, I love aftermarket wheels.

Quote:
I believe the percentage of people who change their wheels to these style wheels (few) reflects the actual percentage of people who prefer these over stock, not monetary concern.
I disagree, I think most people would prefer the look of an M5 that was lowered 1" and had nice 21" wheels over a stock M5.
      11-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///

Drives: 2014 M5 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
I disagree, I think most people would prefer the look of an M5 that was lowered 1" and had nice 21" wheels over a stock M5.
Absolutely ridiculous. If most people preferred this, BMW would sell it as an option package. They aren't ones to leave money on the table.
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
      11-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
star21
Enlisted Member

Drives: F10 M5 en route

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. What is the main intended logic for these wheel changes? To improve looks or lightweight?

Wish you best and only improvement in design.

I would disagree. I think it's stereotypically wrong to label changing any factory parts out as "gangsta". Just using that phrase in general shows a lack of understanding of the culture and I think that's exactly what it is, a cultural misunderstanding. Please do not misunderstand me when say this. This is not a personal attack, I just wanted to point a few things out.

For instance, Americans (particularly in the West Coast California scene) you'll see a lot of individualization and customizing. From the hot rod days to now, everything has been about being unique. To be honest, I think this culture has even influenced many tuner cultures around the world which previously had little to no customization interest at all.

To go even further, it also seems it even has influenced the OEM market and how they build cars. In the 90's you only saw 14-16" wheels as the norm. 17" and 18" would later start making more appearances and now here we are with the F10 M5 having 19" standard or 20" optional wheels. Rolling on OEM 20" wheels makes it less "gangsta"?
      11-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
singularity
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by star21
I would disagree. I think it's stereotypically wrong to label changing any factory parts out as "gangsta". Just using that phrase in general shows a lack of understanding of the culture and I think that's exactly what it is, a cultural misunderstanding. Please do not misunderstand me when say this. This is not a personal attack, I just wanted to point a few things out.

For instance, Americans (particularly in the West Coast California scene) you'll see a lot of individualization and customizing. From the hot rod days to now, everything has been about being unique. To be honest, I think this culture has even influenced many tuner cultures around the world which previously had little to no customization interest at all.

To go even further, it also seems it even has influenced the OEM market and how they build cars. In the 90's you only saw 14-16" wheels as the norm. 17" and 18" would later start making more appearances and now here we are with the F10 M5 having 19" standard or 20" optional wheels. Rolling on OEM 20" wheels makes it less "gangsta"?
I agree, it must be the cultural preference.
      11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

awesome pix!! diggin that trunk n rear diff alot, yum

btw gangsta style escalade wheels ftw! chicka-chicka-yeee

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
I hardly consider my style Gangster, but like someone else mentioned, when you live in an area with high end cars, some customization isnt a bad thing, and wheels are the easiest route. I for one never keep stock wheels except for winter use, as I will with my F10 OEM 19s on snow tires. I think the OEM 20's are a nice, very classy wheel, but I'm tired of seeing it so much as I obsess and am constantly looking for new pics of the M5. Lambos, M5s, M3s, Porsches are all really common in my area being so close to NYC, so Id like to be a little different.

Although I change wheels, I dont however go bigger than optional stock sizes and never mess with suspension. I used to have SSR's on my e46 and loved them. I had thought they went out of business so good to see they are still around. I remember when SSR comps were a top wheel choice for avid trackers of the e46 M3. Given the sporty aspect of the M5 and the crappy roads here, Ive also opted for a forged one piece wheel as opposed to a more "blingy" 3 piece wheel.

And I'll admit, I do change out my wheels for looks and not performance - Im an avid weekend spirited driver, but I dont pretend to be any star on the track, so weight savings are not a factor.

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black

Last edited by PatrickC23; 11-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
      11-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
///M ARMY
Major

Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
i want that hood and diffuser.
      11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vivid View Post
Before the VR M5 returned from SEMA, our friends at SSR did a quick photoshoot to showcase the new Executor CV01's that we had fitted.
They are spec'd put at 21x9 and 21x10.5 in a brushed finish with a polished step lip. H&R springs help get the car a little lower on the tires. The Carbon Hood, Trunk, and Diffuser are all Seibon pieces, while the front lip is a one-off that we made in house. Exhaust is an Eisenmann race system, combines with a set of Agency Power downpipes. IND supplied the blacked out front and side grills.
Enjoy!

Will this hood come in other versions meant to be painted?

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
      11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
sales@vivid
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
awesome pix!! diggin that trunk n rear diff alot, yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
And I'll admit, I do change out my wheels for looks and not performance - Im an avid weekend spirited driver, but I dont pretend to be any star on the track, so weight savings are not a factor.
I think a lot of us are the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAM951 View Post
i want that hood and diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Will this hood come in other versions meant to be painted?
Unfortunately not. The hood, trunk and diffuser are all going to be available in Carbon only. However, painting carbon parts is a very common practice, and can even add some good accents to the car.
I should have these listed in the sponsor classifieds tomorrow as soon as the pricing gets finalized.
Thanks!

Anthony@VividRacing.com
      11-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
///M ARMY
Major

Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
PM SENT.
      11-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
GreenMangoes
Private First Class

Drives: FD

Car looks great! People will buy things for their cars to suit their taste just like anyone buys furniture for their house and the clothes that they wear.
GreenMangoes is offline   United_States
      11-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Zlaatan
Second Lieutenant

Drives: RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Absolutely ridiculous. If most people preferred this, BMW would sell it as an option package. They aren't ones to leave money on the table.
Well they do sell this as option packages.. They have the M-sport package for every car in the line up. Look at the new BMW Performance parts for the F30 and the options you can get for that, front lips, side skirts, 20" wheels, red brake calipers, lowered suspension.. you can even get it with stripes!!
It looks like every other aftermarket tuner out there, only it's OEM.

And speaking of the M5, why do they offer one 19" and one 20" option for the M5 if the 19" wheels are so much more comfortable and offer better performance (if they too were forged as the 20" wheels are)? Because bigger wheels look better. (up to a certain point)

And I did say most people would think the M5 looks better with 21" wheels and a drop. I didn't say most people would want to drive a car with a stiffer ride, bigger chance of scraping the nose and pay 5000-10000$ to do so..
      11-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
NlckyBlack
Lieutenant

Drives: Too many cars

I get pissed that a 535 or 550 with the M sport package from a far look just like an M5. No differentiation enough to justify the huge price difference in the looks department besides all the obvious differences. So with that said i'm def putting wheels, springs, and an eisenmann exhaust on it when it comes.
      11-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel

Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

looks like the hamann tycoon hood and kersher front lip for the e92. none the less, bad ass
GTAutoConcepts is offline   Thailand
      11-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
wdimagineer
Captain

Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive50i ZMM

I ordered the diffuser direct from Seibon for $580 plus $150 shipping. It doesn't fit. There's a gap on either side.

Waiting to hear from them about what they want to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/milwq12zup8f182/2012-11-24%2016.29.13%20HDR.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fkg09rg3knz0ns/2012-11-24%2016.29.30%20HDR.jpg
      11-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
star21
Enlisted Member

Drives: F10 M5 en route

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
I ordered the diffuser direct from Seibon for $580 plus $150 shipping. It doesn't fit. There's a gap on either side.

Waiting to hear from them about what they want to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/milwq12zup...9.13%20HDR.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fkg09rg3k...9.30%20HDR.jpg

Sorry to hear that you've been running in to fitment issues. When I used to frequent a performance shop many years ago that was a Seibon dealer (when Seibon first got introduced in to the scene) they brought in many hoods and carbon fiber pieces that had fitment issues, the piece was thin and brittle, fading/yellowing issues, or the weave quality looked extremely sub-par. I had hoped they fixed the quality issue being that I've seen them move in to the dry carbon fiber market but apparently not? Still another "Made in China" piece.

Keep hounding them until you get a quality piece or a refund.