M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Fastest F10 M5 In The World

PP-Performance has done a great job completing their STAGE VIP, which resulted to "Worlds Fastest BMW M5 F10"



680 HP
840 Nm Trq


Modifications:
ECU - Catbacks - Downpipe


(( In two weeks time PP-Performance will have their STAGE VIP PLUS, which will be exceeding 700hp+ ))


Here is a video of the car running on 5th gear on the Dyno (MAHA DYNO) , producing great results!!



Well Done PP-Performance Abu Dhabi
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
dkreidel
Second Lieutenant
 
dkreidel's Avatar
 
Drives: a lot of BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW Montana

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

How fast is it?
__________________
2013 X5M Carbon Black+Black BBS SV
2011 Z4 Mojave+Beige 6MT Munich delivery 9/11
dkreidel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
How fast is it?
Can you specify?
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Poleposition's Avatar
 
Drives: very well
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

You say its the worlds fastest M5. How fast is it? Pretty simple question. What do you want him to specify?
__________________
20135
21" DPE Super Concave, Meisterschaft GTC w/LXR midpipes, BMC filters, Charcoal delete, H&R springs, IND cosmetic pkg, M-Performance Spoiler, Wrapped roof, Hardwired V1, Coded
2013 X6 50i MSport

2008 SmartCar - 2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Poleposition is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,578
iTrader: (0)

Have PP Performance been able to remove the top speed limiter? Manhart Racing has a tune also and have not been able to remove the top speed limiter, despite an 80hp gain on their tune.

I'd be willing to drop some cash right now for a tuner that is able to offer only a removal of the top speed limiter without producing any extra horsepower. I want to see if the F10 M5 can hit 200mph stock.

Still waiting to see what ESS and Switzer have in store for us. Just have to be more patient. Oh and Eibach if you are reading this, hurry up with your lowering spring design too!
__________________
The F10 M5 is the Business Sports Sedan I always wanted. Until the next M5 comes out.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
You say its the worlds fastest M5. How fast is it? Pretty simple question. What do you want him to specify?
Faster than:
SLS AMG-SLR McLaren-Porsche997Pdk-458 italia-tuned nissan GTR-tuned CLS63BT-Lambo Gallardo570-R8 v10 - ill post a video of it 1/4 mile in a few days, last week it hit 11.4 on the drag strip (quarter mile)
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Have PP Performance been able to remove the top speed limiter? Manhart Racing has a tune also and have not been able to remove the top speed limiter, despite an 80hp gain on their tune.

I'd be willing to drop some cash right now for a tuner that is able to offer only a removal of the top speed limiter without producing any extra horsepower. I want to see if the F10 M5 can hit 200mph stock.

Still waiting to see what ESS and Switzer have in store for us. Just have to be more patient. Oh and Eibach if you are reading this, hurry up with your lowering spring design too!
How much did your m5 hit at top speed?
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
How much did your m5 hit at top speed?
My F10 M5 still has the stock tune. I was able to get up to 162mph on the Autobahn before the limiter killed my fun.
__________________
The F10 M5 is the Business Sports Sedan I always wanted. Until the next M5 comes out.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
My F10 M5 still has the stock tune. I was able to get up to 162mph on the Autobahn before the limiter killed my fun.
This is a pic of an M5 STAGE 1 PP-Performance with only 620hp, not the STAGE VIP with 680hp. >*stage vip would go MUCH more*<
The pic shows 303 km/h (188 mph) and tempereture 34'Celcius (93'F) *This is stage 1 PP-Performance* and it also went up to 320 km/h !

Name:  topspeed.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  42.0 KB

Last edited by GhanemMBN; 01-10-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: more information
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
This is a pic of an M5 STAGE 1 PP-Performance with only 620hp, not the STAGE VIP with 680hp. >*stage vip would go MUCH more*<
The pic shows 303 km/h (188 mph) and tempereture 34'Celcius (93'F) *This is stage 1 PP-Performance* and it also went up to 320 km/h !

Attachment 805448
That's cool! But you still haven't answered my question. Let me rephrase: Do ANY of the PP-Performance tunes take the top speed limiter off of the engine?

That picture is rad, but the European F10 M5's are able to get the ///M Performance Package which raises the top speed up to 190mph vs the standard 155mph limit. So that picture doesn't really prove that the limiter was removed. If you had a picture showing 200mph or more then it would be a different story.

I'm just curious is all, not trying to start an all out galactic bimmerpost thread war or anything.
__________________
The F10 M5 is the Business Sports Sedan I always wanted. Until the next M5 comes out.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's cool! But you still haven't answered my question. Let me rephrase: Do ANY of the PP-Performance tunes take the top speed limiter off of the engine?

That picture is rad, but the European F10 M5's are able to get the ///M Performance Package which raises the top speed up to 190mph vs the standard 155mph limit. So that picture doesn't really prove that the limiter was removed. If you had a picture showing 200mph or more then it would be a different story.

I'm just curious is all, not trying to start an all out galactic bimmerpost thread war or anything.
We havent tested top speed on this particular car, we mostly concentrate on 0-300km, i dont see why someone would race someone exceeding 200mph. But we will test it and post the results soon
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
 
B-1Pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In a Hot Place

Posts: 844
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
We havent tested top speed on this particular car, we mostly concentrate on 0-300km, i dont see why someone would race someone exceeding 200mph. But we will test it and post the results soon
so in other words, your thread should be entitled: "We make the fastest M5 in the World, unless you want to go over 200mph -- that's just crazy."

I think if you make an assertion, you need to back it up with proof -- more than a shaky image that anyone in a eurospec stock M5 could create.
__________________
2014 ///M5 w/CP || My Epic ED trip report|| 2013 335ix || 2009 BMW R1200RT
B-1Pilot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
so in other words, your thread should be entitled: "We make the fastest M5 in the World, unless you want to go over 200mph -- that's just crazy."

I think if you make an assertion, you need to back it up with proof -- more than a shaky image that anyone in a eurospec stock M5 could create.
Ill get the drag results within a few days, and by the way if top speed is the way you identify "fast car" we'll my 05' e55 reaches 328km on GPS! But if I race the m5 for example, he'll be way gone before I reach the top speed.
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
Ill get the drag results within a few days, and by the way if top speed is the way you identify "fast car" we'll my 05' e55 reaches 328km on GPS! But if I race the m5 for example, he'll be way gone before I reach the top speed.
Dude bro, I know what you are saying. Perhaps you should retitle the thread, "Maybe the fastest accelerating F10 M5 in the world?!" That E55 sounds gnarly though!

However, you still haven't answered my question. I'll reiterate.

-Does PP-Performance offer ANY tune that just removes the top speed limiter without an increase in horsepower?

Or this question:

-Does ANY PP-Performance Tune also include removal of the top speed limiter?

Like I pointed out, Mahart Racing also has a tune, but they have stated that they still can't figure out how to remove the top speed limiter.

If PP-Performance or Manhart Racing or any other tuner, offered a tune just to remove the top speed limiter I will give them $50 bucks for their tune.

Like I said, not trying to start an interstellar conflict, that could costs thousands of wookies lives, just asking a simple question. Hopefully I won't have to send any Bothan spies to find out the answer.

Thanks and have a rad day sir.
__________________
The F10 M5 is the Business Sports Sedan I always wanted. Until the next M5 comes out.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude bro, I know what you are saying. Perhaps you should retitle the thread, "Maybe the fastest accelerating F10 M5 in the world?!" That E55 sounds gnarly though!

However, you still haven't answered my question. I'll reiterate.

-Does PP-Performance offer ANY tune that just removes the top speed limiter without an increase in horsepower?

Or this question:

-Does ANY PP-Performance Tune also include removal of the top speed limiter?

Like I pointed out, Mahart Racing also has a tune, but they have stated that they still can't figure out how to remove the top speed limiter.

If PP-Performance or Manhart Racing or any other tuner, offered a tune just to remove the top speed limiter I will give them $50 bucks for their tune.

Like I said, not trying to start an interstellar conflict, that could costs thousands of wookies lives, just asking a simple question. Hopefully I won't have to send any Bothan spies to find out the answer.

Thanks and have a rad day sir.
Yes they can remove the top speed limiter, they can access the full ECU which is locked by BMW. Here in the Middle East everything is possible, $ this gets the job done, I don't want to clarify more than that but does this answer your question? in a week max ill post a video which will clearly answer your question

If you are a Manhart Racing fan, please contact them and ask them: is the PP-Performance M5 the worlds fastest or not, and you will get the perfect answer

Last edited by GhanemMBN; 01-10-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: More info and mistake
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
 
Drives: e60 M5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 141
iTrader: (0)

This has been funny to read. Dude bro...
///M5Bruno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Hunter5179's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (0)

Sick...wouid this tune work on an F13 M6?
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe SG, VSE 003's 21, Akropovic Evo Carbon, KW V3, AMS DP's, Vorsteiner Full Aero, Gruppe M Intake, Bel Stir Plus & V1 with HP Laser Interceptors, P3Cars Gauges, JL 2X12W6Subs, 35%tints.
My Thread:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794659
Hunter5179 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #18
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,375
iTrader: (1)

Interesting....
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #19
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
Sick...wouid this tune work on an F13 M6?
Yes! And PP-Performance will be opening up in the states later this year.
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #20
smashhell
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 485
iTrader: (0)

Wow 700hp M5! Now that is amazing!
But with that much HP it can only do 11.4 seconds in 1/4 miles?
Doesn't the stock one do 11.78 already?
__________________
2011 535i Alpine White, Oyster on black interior, Premium 1 & 2 Package, Magnaflow Full Cat-Back Exhaust, JB4 Stage 2
smashhell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #21
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
Wow 700hp M5! Now that is amazing!
But with that much HP it can only do 11.4 seconds in 1/4 miles?
Doesn't the stock one do 11.78 already?
We will be testing it today on Yas Drag strip, the previous test was on worn tyres, and the car burnouts on full throttle so we might be changing the tyres today.
The stock got 12.6 on 660 DA , while the PP stage vip got 11.4 on 660 DA
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:58 AM   #22
singularity
Driver
 
singularity's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 (F10)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

GhanemMBN
This isn't the first time this talk comes up, so could you please answer following:

1) PP-Performance is an Arabic tuning company, right?
2) Has PP-Performance unlocked any M5 F10's speed limiter?
3) Post a video of a stock vs PP-Performance Stage VIP/VIP Plus/President/United Nations that you guarantee someone who pays can expect

I don't think you'll impress anyone with "ask Manhart racing who is the fastest !!111" talk, because nobody cares. Show some videos and 0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, 0-300 km/h, 100-200 km/h, 1/4 mile, 1000 meters and stock vs tuned videos because that is the ONLY thing that matters.
singularity is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST