M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,295
iTrader: (0)

New RPi GT Exhaust Video

Well I finally finished it! Been working on this one for a while, ever since I got my RPi GT Exhaust installed.

Hope that everybody enjoys.



Gonna be making another one when I get my mufflers deleted soon.
__________________
I think you missed the point of the M5. I can transport 5 people comfortably 200mph at 35,000ft.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
 
wisesoul's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 1,641
iTrader: (0)

Awesome editing. Sounds great! Also, mind sharing the roads you drive on? They look amazing
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,295
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Awesome editing. Sounds great! Also, mind sharing the roads you drive on? They look amazing
They are all roads in the backyard of San Diego. You should come down and do a drive one day.
__________________
I think you missed the point of the M5. I can transport 5 people comfortably 200mph at 35,000ft.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
M54ccibo
Major
 
M54ccibo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 M5 AW/SO
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (0)

Nicely done Dave!
__________________
Current ///M: '13 F10 M5, Alpine Weiss III/Sakhir Orange Full
BBS FI, Akrapovič Evolution, CF Delete, H&R Sport Springs, iND Cosmetics, Color matched M-Performance Spoiler, V1 Hardwire, Coded
Follow the M5army on Facebook and Youtube
M54ccibo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
boots
Colonel
 
boots's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cypress Tx

Posts: 2,258
iTrader: (0)

Very nice Dave. Sounds great!
__________________
2013 Bmw M5-Alpine White/Black-Oem gloss blk powder coated wheels-Expel clear bra-35% tint-Rpi Gtm Exhaust-Rpi Downpipes-Rpi Scoops-Bms piggy piggy-Hr springs

Country run
boots is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
M5 Orthodox
Private
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntington, WV

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Awesome video!
M5 Orthodox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,338
iTrader: (1)

I wonder what it would sound like with the muffler delete only and the rest of the exhaust stock. MY e39 M sounds awesome with just that mod.
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
 
wisesoul's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 1,641
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
They are all roads in the backyard of San Diego. You should come down and do a drive one day.
Ahh sunny San Diego, my trip there is long overdue. Gotta go soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I wonder what it would sound like with the muffler delete only and the rest of the exhaust stock. MY e39 M sounds awesome with just that mod.
Yeah the turbos muffle the noise a lot, not to mention the downpipes in these cars have massive cats. E39s and E60s sound so good with minor mods
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #9
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,295
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Yeah the turbos muffle the noise a lot, not to mention the downpipes in these cars have massive cats. E39s and E60s sound so good with minor mods
You hit the nail on the head my brother. This is the point of the muffler delete. The turbos and the Primary Cats in the downpipes are muffling so much of the sound, it's really bad. I myself was disappointed in decibal level of the RPi GT exhaust even with the secondary cats removed and no resonators. Lots of people love the decibal level of the GT though, but not me. I was hoping for at least a level on par with that of the Eisenmann Race, but no joy. I don't know what Eisenmann did, but man their exhaust sounds so good and just with the axle back too! The muffler delete should sound much better, after all the Hartge System has a full system which includes an optional muffler delete and it doesn't sound obnoxious at all. The Full Catback RPi GT with no mufflers should roar like a V8 should. When RPi designs their Full Catless GT Downpipes one day, I think I will be satisfied.
__________________
I think you missed the point of the M5. I can transport 5 people comfortably 200mph at 35,000ft.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #10
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,536
iTrader: (0)

brilliant vid!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
nerwyll@trinityautosport
 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 5,524
iTrader: (0)

very nice =)
nerwyll@trinityautosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #12
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
 
wisesoul's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 1,641
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
You hit the nail on the head my brother. This is the point of the muffler delete. The turbos and the Primary Cats in the downpipes are muffling so much of the sound, it's really bad. I myself was disappointed in decibal level of the RPi GT exhaust even with the secondary cats removed and no resonators. Lots of people love the decibal level of the GT though, but not me. I was hoping for at least a level on par with that of the Eisenmann Race, but no joy. I don't know what Eisenmann did, but man their exhaust sounds so good and just with the axle back too! The muffler delete should sound much better, after all the Hartge System has a full system which includes an optional muffler delete and it doesn't sound obnoxious at all. The Full Catback RPi GT with no mufflers should roar like a V8 should. When RPi designs their Full Catless GT Downpipes one day, I think I will be satisfied.
Pretty much summed it up! These cars have much sound to be uncorked, I'm tempted to get the Eisenmann Race because it sounds monstrous. Can't begin to imagine what this car will sound (smell like too) with catless Dps. As it stands though,your RPI is an aural delight
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Fly M5
Private
 
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP & 2015 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Nicely done....i love my RPI exhaust!
__________________
Current: 2014 M6GC CP and 2015 M3
Past: 2013 M5, 2012 E63, 2011 panamera turbo, 2010 E63, 2010 GTR, 2009 C63, 2008 M5
Fly M5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST