M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Jonesry09
Private
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

M5 price drop due to damage

Hey Guys,

Just in the process of getting into an M5. Have the E90 M3 but with kids on the way the wife told me I needed something bigger. So my "daddy mobile" is going to be the M5 LOL

I was looking all over the net trying to see if there was anything that stuck out as a pretty good deal. Also, been checking around here to see what people are paying but everyone seems to be doing the ED which isn't an option for me. While doing my search I can across a M5 at Kuni BMW in Beaverton, OR which was listed for 94,995 with a msrp of 101,875. So of course I inquire about the vehicle and shortly after the salesperson discloses that the vehicle hit a deer while on a test drive. The damage totalled about $5500 which was all done conveniently by Kuni bodyshop. I am assuming because the ownership is the same they got a pretty good deal so the total would actually be higher. The front bumper, hood, right front panel, right front headlamp and reflector were all replaced.

After much talk with the salesperson and me saying I wasn't comfortable spending that on a vehicle that had that much damage they lowered the price to 93,500. We are still far off on what I would ever be comfortable paying.

My question to you guys is would you touch this vehicle for any price? If so, what would it take for you to feel comfortable buying it?

Also, what are these vehicles going for these days? Couple thousand below MSRP sound right?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
m3tofive
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cali

iTrader: (0)

i wouldn't touch it. If you are spending 100k on a car...i wouldn't want one that had prior damage.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Nope stay away no matter how good the deal is, and you will hear squeaks and rattles possibly and it will drive you nuts. No need to second guess my two cents. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
MCM5
Second Lieutenant
MCM5's Avatar
3
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: MCB F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tofive
i wouldn't touch it. If you are spending 100k on a car...i wouldn't want one that had prior damage.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,755
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Dont touch it - i would think you could get a good discount off a pristine M5 as it is. There's really no price I would buy it, which is why Im doing ED. I wouldnt even want an M5 that was driven on a test drive. But thats just me.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
amgthis
Tire Racks
amgthis's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,228
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M Coupè
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

No, just no. Look elsewhere
__________________
Alpine White 1M Coupè
Gone:2006 Alpine White E46 M3 ZCP RIP
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Jonesry09
Private
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

I was thinking the same... Unlike you guys though I thought for 80k it might be worth it but obviously the dealer still thought they could make money over their invoice. Good luck to them.

Any ideas on what we can get something with a 102ish msrp these days? I've seen guys say anything from 1 to 5k below msrp. Would love to have a little insight before heading in to negotiate.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Love this forum!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
cmhsam
Major
24
Rep
1,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesry09 View Post
I was thinking the same... Unlike you guys though I thought for 80k it might be worth it but obviously the dealer still thought they could make money over their invoice. Good luck to them.

Any ideas on what we can get something with a 102ish msrp these days? I've seen guys say anything from 1 to 5k below msrp. Would love to have a little insight before heading in to negotiate.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Love this forum!
With the surplus of inventory on dealer lots you should be able to get invoice + $1500 - $3000. Dont be afraid to go outside your market
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,755
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesry09 View Post
I was thinking the same... Unlike you guys though I thought for 80k it might be worth it but obviously the dealer still thought they could make money over their invoice. Good luck to them.

Any ideas on what we can get something with a 102ish msrp these days? I've seen guys say anything from 1 to 5k below msrp. Would love to have a little insight before heading in to negotiate.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Love this forum!
I got $3k off last May when I place my order - Id think you could do much better than that today with all the M5s sitting on lots and the 2014 coming out in fall.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
mwlmd
Major
mwlmd's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,247
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesry09 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just in the process of getting into an M5. Have the E90 M3 but with kids on the way the wife told me I needed something bigger. So my "daddy mobile" is going to be the M5 LOL

I was looking all over the net trying to see if there was anything that stuck out as a pretty good deal. Also, been checking around here to see what people are paying but everyone seems to be doing the ED which isn't an option for me. While doing my search I can across a M5 at Kuni BMW in Beaverton, OR which was listed for 94,995 with a msrp of 101,875. So of course I inquire about the vehicle and shortly after the salesperson discloses that the vehicle hit a deer while on a test drive. The damage totalled about $5500 which was all done conveniently by Kuni bodyshop. I am assuming because the ownership is the same they got a pretty good deal so the total would actually be higher. The front bumper, hood, right front panel, right front headlamp and reflector were all replaced.

After much talk with the salesperson and me saying I wasn't comfortable spending that on a vehicle that had that much damage they lowered the price to 93,500. We are still far off on what I would ever be comfortable paying.

My question to you guys is would you touch this vehicle for any price? If so, what would it take for you to feel comfortable buying it?

Also, what are these vehicles going for these days? Couple thousand below MSRP sound right?

Thanks guys!
Kuni is my Dealership. I have seen this car on the showroom floor. I remember it because it was de-badged. I thought it was odd at the time but then remembered the Owner of the dealership had a Black M5 demo. Perhaps she wanted to be low key. I believe it has 400mi. Are you leasing or buying?

I wonder if the repair is reported on the title. I only ask because kuni is the only BMW certified collision center around us. They do top quality work.

Also, is the car new with no miles and full warranty/maintenance?

I would try and negotiate ED invoice price plus an extended warranty for a total of 6 years 100k miles. This is assuming that the car is "new."

People that say the car will be all messed up might be exaggerating. Look at how many body panels and roofs are pulled off during modding. Replacing parts is what cars are designed to have done. If you get a great price and a warranty then go for it I say.

Also, I believe this car was driven by the Owner of the dealership as her personal "DEMO" car. She apparently had it for 400miles and then hit a deer? Then got something else I assume. I don't believe the test drive story. Although I suppose it is somewhat true if you consider an exec demo a "test drive."

If you want I can test drive it to get a feel of how it compares to my M5. I know a great Deer habitat near by.


This car will definitely sell. It is just a matter of at what price.
Specs of the car are:
Black Sapphire with silverstone extended. Piano black trim. Exec pkg, Driver assist pkg. 20" wheels.
417miles
Debadged


Matt
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.

Last edited by mwlmd; 01-31-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Not sure we are smoking crack, but why buy a wrecked car when don't have too? There is no way to determine what other damage exist in the car based on the impact?? Just my two cents, and it's no reflection on the dealer but just fact.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
mwlmd
Major
mwlmd's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,247
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Not sure we are smoking crack, but why buy a wrecked car when don't have too? There is no way to determine what other damage exist in the car based on the impact?? Just my two cents, and it's no reflection on the dealer but just fact.
It sounded more harsh than intended. Fixed!
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
Jonesry09
Private
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

MWLMD- Thats the car I'm talking about. I only spoke to a salesperson via emails and tried to explain the best of what I could at the start of the thread. The salesperson said that the car was "New" and damaged while driving so I assumed it was a test drive based on the "New" title. You are probably totally correct with it being the owners demo car. I guess one should never assume. If you get a chance on a "rainy" day, swing over there and check the car out for me/us. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how it looks and if you drive it, how it feels.

Appreciate your feedback. I got a repair receipt from them but I am not a mechanic so I couldn't totally tell everything that was fixed. I didn't want to post it on here because I wasn't sure that was the right thing to do with respect to the dealership.

To answer one of your questions, no the accident will not be on the title. The salesperson said they would show me the carfax report which would not show the damage. Is it because like you said they are certified collision shop? I would think it would still have to be listed on there no?

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep em coming
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
Jonesry09
Private
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

MWLD- to answer another question.. I am buying.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #15
py0413
Major
py0413's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
1,178
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC

iTrader: (2)

My thought be if you want to save money on buying a M5, why not look for low mileage '12 or even '13 model. Regardless how he damage will affect the value of the car now and in the future, if you are already uncomfortable to begin with, I would stay away from this particular car. Just my $0.02
__________________
Must stop eating..............
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
Jonesry09
Private
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up. The dealership emailed and they have dropped the price on the website to 91,900. The BMW warranty hasn't even started so there will be a 4yr/50000 mile warranty upon purchase.

I'm staying away from it personally but thought I'd update and it might be someone elses cup of tea.

Thanks again for all the replies guys
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
pochesq
Lieutenant
pochesq's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
414
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Maybe better deals to be had. What do you think of this offer?

Index Description MSRP
Base Price $90,200.00
ZDA Driver Assistance Package 1,900.00
ZEC Executive Package 5,500.00
2NZ 20" M Light Alloy Wheels 1,300.00
4CE Anthracite Wood Trim 0.00
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System 3,700.00
Full Merino Leather 3,500.00
Base Price Discount - Pre 1/2013 Inventory -300.00

Estimated Gas Guzzler Tax 1,300.00
Destination and Handling 895.00
TOTAL AS EQUIPPED $107,995.00
SELLING PRICE $100,935.00

Lease Terms
Lender BMW Financial Services
Term 36 Months
Mileage 10,000/year
Money Factor 0.81
Residual Factor 52%

Selling Price $100,935.00

Total Capitalized Cost
$100,935.00

Residual Value $56,157.40
Total Depreciation $44,777.60
Capital Reduction $0.00
Monthly Depreciation $1,243.82
Monthly Rent $127.24

Monthly Payment $1,371.07
Tax (9%) $123.40

Monthly Payment + Tax $1,494.46

License & Registration $791.00
Bank Fee $725.00
Documentation Fee $80.00
First Payment $1,494.46
Security Deposit $10,500.00

Drive Off $13,662.91

Trade Equity $0.00
Rebate $0.00

Due at Signing $13,662.91
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
MSPORTWORLD
Major
MSPORTWORLD's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,216
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesry09
Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up. The dealership emailed and they have dropped the price on the website to 91,900. The BMW warranty hasn't even started so there will be a 4yr/50000 mile warranty upon purchase.

I'm staying away from it personally but thought I'd update and it might be someone elses cup of tea.

Thanks again for all the replies guys
A lease may be a good option. They've already taken a good chunk off the Msrp
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
Mporcl
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: BM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Mporcl
For what it's worth my m5 was hit back in December. 10k in damage. The sticker was 109 and change ( purchased new in aug 2012) and was appraised at 70k with 5k miles after the damage was repaired.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST