M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Kradi
Private
Kradi's Avatar
2
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F06 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Monte Carlo Blue

Hey everyone:

I'm about ready to order my M5 ....

But I haven't fully decided on the color. Does anybody in the LA/OC area have one in Monte Carlo Blue that I can take a look at? Would really help me make a decision. I haven't been able to locate a dealer that has the color.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
SEWELLGT
Second Lieutenant
SEWELLGT's Avatar
8
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: Deciding
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradi
Hey everyone:

I'm about ready to order my M5 ....

But I haven't fully decided on the color. Does anybody in the LA/OC area have one in Monte Carlo Blue that I can take a look at? Would really help me make a decision. I haven't been able to locate a dealer that has the color.
I have one. I'm in Arcadia. You're welcome to swing by if you're up this way. Can't go wrong with this color, highly encourage going with an M-specific color, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Bokke
Captain
Bokke's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
987
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

M specific color FTW!
__________________
Garage:
09 E90 ///M3 SS | Black | Modded
13 Cayenne GTS Carmine Red
15 F82 ///M4 SS | SO | CCB's | Loaded | BBS FI's | Eisenmann | K&W | M Performance
15 991 GT3 | Rhodium Silver | Born 12/10/14 | Texas 1/30/15
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
MCB F10 M5
Private
United_States
0
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: MCB F10 M5
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: pacific palisades

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradi
Hey everyone:

I'm about ready to order my M5 ....

But I haven't fully decided on the color. Does anybody in the LA/OC area have one in Monte Carlo Blue that I can take a look at? Would really help me make a decision. I haven't been able to locate a dealer that has the color.
I'm in the Santa Monica area if you want to meet up to check out the color.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Kradi
Private
Kradi's Avatar
2
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F06 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEWELLGT View Post
I have one. I'm in Arcadia. You're welcome to swing by if you're up this way. Can't go wrong with this color, highly encourage going with an M-specific color, you won't regret it.
PM'd!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
mhh
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
216
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

One year on since ordering mine (with Silverstone interior) and I couldn't be happier with the colour. Some colours become stale with familiarity but MCB keeps on giving.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
cmhsam
Major
24
Rep
1,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I wish I would have gotten MCB and not AW
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
TonyZ
MMMMMMMFine
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MC/SS F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
One year on since ordering mine (with Silverstone interior) and I couldn't be happier with the colour. Some colours become stale with familiarity but MCB keeps on giving.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,757
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
MCB is beautiful - i literally look at the brochure everyday and wonder if i should change my color choice. Thing is the wife and I share the car (dont drive to work, only one spot in our condo) and she absolutely does not want any sort of blue. Its fine with me, since I love Alpine White and have always wanted a white car. I agree though, if youre leaning towards an exclusive M color, go for it. I chose Sakhir Orange interior to satisfy my M exclusive craving, as I believe it is an M exclusive color. (think it used to come the on X6M and X5M too until Mugello Red replaced it)
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
stealth.pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
4,875
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
MCB is beautiful - i literally look at the brochure everyday and wonder if i should change my color choice. Thing is the wife and I share the car (dont drive to work, only one spot in our condo) and she absolutely does not want any sort of blue. Its fine with me, since I love Alpine White and have always wanted a white car. I agree though, if youre leaning towards an exclusive M color, go for it. I chose Sakhir Orange interior to satisfy my M exclusive craving, as I believe it is an M exclusive color. (think it used to come the on X6M and X5M too until Mugello Red replaced it)
I think you should change it unless you want your car to look like a 535i M-Sport. CMHSAM regrets his choice of Alpine.

If your wife doesn't want a blue, you could go for something like Imola Red but it will cost extra.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,757
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I think you should change it unless you want your car to look like a 535i M-Sport. CMHSAM regrets his choice of Alpine.

If your wife doesn't want a blue, you could go for something like Imola Red but it will cost extra.
Actually Alpine White was my first choice all along - Im not settling for it so there will be no regrets. As much as I love MCB, it doesnt really suit my personality and I may grow tired of it. Had MCB been my first choice, no doubt Id get it. But I still agree it is a stunning color and head turner. Also, Sakhir Orange interior for me is a must - if I dont get it that will be a HUGE regret from Day 1, and MCB on SO is too loud imo, no offense to the couple M5s in that configuration on here.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Rob///M5
Major
Rob///M5's Avatar
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Looks like 6+ of them in the neighborhood dealers:

http://m.autotrader.com/searchResults.html?useGPS=true&lastGeoDefaultedRad ius=25&lat=32.9468&lon=-117.2192&radius=100&zip=92130&zipForAds=92130&dma= SAN_DIEGO&alpha=SAN_DIEGO_NO&searchType=new&make=B MW&makeCode=BMW&model=M5&modelCode=M5&startYear=19 81&endYear=2014&priceMin=0&priceMax=100000&fsb=b&e ngine=&mileage=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&trans=&extColo rs%5B%5D=blue&keywords=
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Rob///M5
Major
Rob///M5's Avatar
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Strike that...Encinitas BMW alone has 6 MCB M5s. Why are you ordering? With the retarded amount of stock sitting on dealer lots, you can no doubt find the spec you want at a deep discount.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
HatersGonHateSMH
Banned
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen white m5/Fire orange m3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los alamitos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradi
Hey everyone:

I'm about ready to order my M5 ....

But I haven't fully decided on the color. Does anybody in the LA/OC area have one in Monte Carlo Blue that I can take a look at? Would really help me make a decision. I haven't been able to locate a dealer that has the color.
Shelly BMW in Buena park might still have one. I saw ones in the lot while picking up an m6
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
RPiM5
Brigadier General
RPiM5's Avatar
95
Rep
4,879
Posts

 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Strike that...Encinitas BMW alone has 6 MCB M5s. Why are you ordering? With the retarded amount of stock sitting on dealer lots, you can no doubt find the spec you want at a deep discount.
I concur with Rob! So much stock sitting on dealer floors in SoCal right now. It's almost sad. These M5's and M6's just aren't selling like they wanted them to. You can definitely get a good deal. I would try for either U.S. Invoice or even below Invoice. You definitely have leverage with so many dealerships having so much in stock. It's absolutely a buyers market right now. This applies to F13 M6 Coupes too. I've already seen dealers offering 8K off MSRP on brand new M6 Coupes without even negotiating. Crazyness!
__________________
Why did Santa Claus buy a BMW M5 instead of an M4? Because he needed the back seats for his Ho Ho Ho's.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club
DoctaM3's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: Protonic Blue i8 & Silver Gray
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

I love the color... and wont ever go back... here is my album and better yet, a little video. never mind the beer in the trunk rattling around :-P



Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
5seriesHB
In The Game!
5seriesHB's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach Ca

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
I love the color... and wont ever go back... here is my album and better yet, a little video. never mind the beer in the trunk rattling around :-P



Really great and cool video
But turn that music off next time
Couldn't hear the exhaust
Geez
Lol
Thnx for posting
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!
2012 Titanium Silver Metalic w MSPORT+Prem Sound+Tech+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+ BMW Apps
2012 Space Grey Msport 50 X5 Premium+ Premium Sound+Cold Weather +Soft Close Doors
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
Kradi
Private
Kradi's Avatar
2
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F06 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Strike that...Encinitas BMW alone has 6 MCB M5s. Why are you ordering? With the retarded amount of stock sitting on dealer lots, you can no doubt find the spec you want at a deep discount.
This is very true... I called about five dealerships and none of them had MCB, but I will definitely look to see if I can find one with my specs
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
Kradi
Private
Kradi's Avatar
2
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F06 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
I love the color... and wont ever go back... here is my album and better yet, a little video. never mind the beer in the trunk rattling around :-P



Awesome vid!

Btw... Do you think the B&O sound is a must or do you not care for it it too much?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #20
Rob///M5
Major
Rob///M5's Avatar
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradi
This is very true... I called about five dealerships and none of them had MCB, but I will definitely look to see if I can find one with my specs
Autotrader.com is your friend

If you love music, B&O is a must. If not, not. I was just commenting to RPiM5 today how glad I am I have it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #21
cmhsam
Major
24
Rep
1,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Actually Alpine White was my first choice all along - Im not settling for it so there will be no regrets. As much as I love MCB, it doesnt really suit my personality and I may grow tired of it. Had MCB been my first choice, no doubt Id get it. But I still agree it is a stunning color and head turner. Also, Sakhir Orange interior for me is a must - if I dont get it that will be a HUGE regret from Day 1, and MCB on SO is too loud imo, no offense to the couple M5s in that configuration on here.
+1. Someone told me the other day, nice 5 series. I love the look of MCB. Good thing I am on a lease.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #22
Bibendum
Private First Class
2
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Was that a cop on a bike in the beginning? Close call!

What's the name of the first and second song on the radio?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST