M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #67
Fitbb
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 F10 520i F20 118i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Macao SAR

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Can anyone here tell me can the M 6 Sport steeling wheels fits in a normal F10 520i? Any modification needed? Many thx!
Fitbb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #68
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
so literally, plug and play? No coding? No modifications needed to get it to work, and all buttons work?
Let's see if we can swap this into the E9X M3s (6MT) using a 6MT M6 Wheel!
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #69
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Let's see if we can swap this into the E9X M3s (6MT) using a 6MT M6 Wheel!
i was thinking along the same lines....a few issues already though:

1. the pre-LCI F1X M6 only comes with DCT
2. someone told me the F30 steering wheel won't physically fit the E9X cars, i'm not sure how common the F1X and F30 wheels are, they at least look very similar.


I don't mind being the beta tester in this, but I think we need to wait for the LCI M5 6MT to come out with the MT version of the wheel before seriously considering this swap. I'm not even sure if MT will still be offered when the LCI comes out.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #70
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
 
d3l0n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,279
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
look GREAT! Best interior combo for the 6 and 5.
d3l0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Being the owner of both an F10 M5 and an F12 M6 I can tell you the one thing that is markedly better about that M6 wheel-the paddle shifters. No comparison. Feel very much more ergonomic and easier to flip. Not that there is ANY issue or challenge with this on the M5. It is just that these are PERFECT. The wheel itself also just seems to have a better feel. I think the F10 wheel is a bit too bulky and also that the F12/13 wheels is a bit too sleek for the M5. Tiny trade off though. Going to order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the parts info. A very big help. can you PM me with how you sourced it please? I.Have a contact in Germany but yours would prob be an easy and quick route to use. Also mine does not have lane departure. I assume I just delete the vibration part?

AWESOME job with the car. First class. Big HRE nut here too
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #72
hsiaochinsan
中華民國大總統
 
hsiaochinsan's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' 911 C4S / 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SF Bay Area/Cupertino

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via MSN to hsiaochinsan
I installed mine and love it.

The parts can be sourced from bmwparts.com

You will need the wheel/airbag/and the vibration/heater module.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Being the owner of both an F10 M5 and an F12 M6 I can tell you the one thing that is markedly better about that M6 wheel-the paddle shifters. No comparison. Feel very much more ergonomic and easier to flip. Not that there is ANY issue or challenge with this on the M5. It is just that these are PERFECT. The wheel itself also just seems to have a better feel. I think the F10 wheel is a bit too bulky and also that the F12/13 wheels is a bit too sleek for the M5. Tiny trade off though. Going to order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the parts info. A very big help. can you PM me with how you sourced it please? I.Have a contact in Germany but yours would prob be an easy and quick route to use. Also mine does not have lane departure. I assume I just delete the vibration part?

AWESOME job with the car. First class. Big HRE nut here too
__________________
hsiaochinsan is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #73
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
I installed mine and love it.

The parts can be sourced from bmwparts.com

You will need the wheel/airbag/and the vibration/heater module.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Being the owner of both an F10 M5 and an F12 M6 I can tell you the one thing that is markedly better about that M6 wheel-the paddle shifters. No comparison. Feel very much more ergonomic and easier to flip. Not that there is ANY issue or challenge with this on the M5. It is just that these are PERFECT. The wheel itself also just seems to have a better feel. I think the F10 wheel is a bit too bulky and also that the F12/13 wheels is a bit too sleek for the M5. Tiny trade off though. Going to order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the parts info. A very big help. can you PM me with how you sourced it please? I.Have a contact in Germany but yours would prob be an easy and quick route to use. Also mine does not have lane departure. I assume I just delete the vibration part?

AWESOME job with the car. First class. Big HRE nut here too
Thank you.
__________________


2014 Black Black/Carrera Red Turbo S Cab
2013 BMW F12 M6 Cab
2010 Ferrari California
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #74
hsiaochinsan
中華民國大總統
 
hsiaochinsan's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' 911 C4S / 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SF Bay Area/Cupertino

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via MSN to hsiaochinsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Thank you.
Here are more details:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...29&hg=32&fg=35

Steering wheel: http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964
(I am assuming this will include all the parts excluding the vibration/heater module and airbag- I advise you to email them for detail)

Air bag:http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964

Module:http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964

I haven't installed the module yet since I don't need to use the heating function and don't really use the driver assistant functions. I will install it in few weeks.

The overal installation is not too hard. 5 of 10 in difficulty. You will need to disconnect the battery in the truck completely and follow the instruction here to pop up the air bag.



Disconnect the wire and unscrew / take off the steering wheel. Put the M6 steering wheel back on. Reconnect sensors to the steering wheel and air bag.

I will try to do a DIY post next time I install the module.
__________________
hsiaochinsan is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dinan, f10 m5, performance technic, ptech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST