Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post

Congrats buddy. Car looks awesome.

This is why I like this car; the butt is too damn sexy. I would choose this over GTR; which doesn't do a thing for me.

But I must resist this force. Gotta buy a house. Priorities are priorities.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #266
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
I just slipped to the light side as well...
Congrats Allan! Sick...
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #267
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningthingz View Post
I need to drive one of these Porsches and see what all the hype is about. Might have to jump on the bandwagon as well, lol. The GT3 looks like the best bang for your buck though. Whats the ETA on those?
Early next year is what I hear but they are not mass production so most if not all early allocations are taken... any order cancellations that will land a car on the ground will gather 10k or more markups...

A properly optioned GT3 is 141k or more.

I have a current allocation for May at msrp...
Vic, do NOT be telling me anything about an allocation for a GT3!

Lol! I likely will get a turbo for my next one. I think the current Carrera S/4S is the best bang for the buck. It is an utterly amazing car! I have 500+ miles on it already in the first week!

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #268
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningthingz
I need to drive one of these Porsches and see what all the hype is about. Might have to jump on the bandwagon as well, lol. The GT3 looks like the best bang for your buck though. Whats the ETA on those?
Yep! The Force is strong on this thread! Just do it! I literally get a pit in my stomach thinking about how close I came to passing it up-at least now knowing what I would have missed.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #269
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Quote:
Early next year is what I hear but they are not mass production so most if not all early allocations are taken... any order cancellations that will land a car on the ground will gather 10k or more markups...

Lol! I likely will get a turbo for my next one. I think the current Carrera S/4S is the best bang for the buck. It is an utterly amazing car! I have 500+ miles on it already in the first week!
Oh man I need to put the miles on mine now.

Will get clear bra and tint installed next.

Time to sell the m5 parts now
      09-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #270
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Quote:

Oh man I need to put the miles on mine now.

Will get clear bra and tint installed next.

Time to sell the m5 parts now
How are you liking the car?

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #271
efm9821
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
How about The Cayman S?

Hey all, fellow F10 M5 owner and long loyal to The Blue & White for well over a dozen years and I must admit, I too have fallen to The Light! However I was seduced by The Cayman S. Like many of you, I've spent a fair amount of time on multiple tracks over the years with my track dedicated E46 M3. A couple of months ago, I had a chance to track the F10 M5 and I have to admit it was heavy (although the torque was pure bliss!). Then a week or so later I was invited to a Porsche track event where I had a chance to drive their full line up. I thought for sure the 991 was going to tug at my wallet and while it was every bit as impressive as all of you have stated, The Cayman S (981) blew my mind. Instead of getting in the car and driving, I felt like I literally strapped the car on. The car seemed to respond to my thoughts rather than physical inputs (must have been The Force, eh?! LOL!). The Flat Six sang a song I'd not heard before and the PDK was simply amazing! By the time I finished the cool down lap, I was scheming how I 'd pay for one by selling my tow vehicle, trailer and M3! I've sold the tow vehicle, trailer and son's car (he now drives the M3 ... just couldn't let the M3 go!). I am now waiting for the Blue Sapphire Cayman S (PDK, PASM, PTV, PSE, Sport Chrono ...whats with all these abbreviations with P-Cars anyway?!) to arrive in December. A long wait similar to the wait I endured with the F10 but at least I've got the ocean tracking down now! The M5 is the daily driver and what a Jeckyll and Hyde offering it is! There is no way, no how that I'd let that car go! It is an amazing vehicle. When "The Croc" arrives, it will be the weekend toy with occasional track use. As has been stated, these cars have very different use cases ... if you are after an amazing sports car experience, consider a Porsche but be prepared for it can be an intoxicating and expensive experience!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #272
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post

Dude we almost got arrested last Sunday ......the last thing you need is a GT3 revving to 9000 RPM!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #273
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by efm9821 View Post
Hey all, fellow F10 M5 owner and long loyal to The Blue & White for well over a dozen years and I must admit, I too have fallen to The Light! However I was seduced by The Cayman S. Like many of you, I've spent a fair amount of time on multiple tracks over the years with my track dedicated E46 M3. A couple of months ago, I had a chance to track the F10 M5 and I have to admit it was heavy (although the torque was pure bliss!). Then a week or so later I was invited to a Porsche track event where I had a chance to drive their full line up. I thought for sure the 991 was going to tug at my wallet and while it was every bit as impressive as all of you have stated, The Cayman S (981) blew my mind. Instead of getting in the car and driving, I felt like I literally strapped the car on. The car seemed to respond to my thoughts rather than physical inputs (must have been The Force, eh?! LOL!). The Flat Six sang a song I'd not heard before and the PDK was simply amazing! By the time I finished the cool down lap, I was scheming how I 'd pay for one by selling my tow vehicle, trailer and M3! I've sold the tow vehicle, trailer and son's car (he now drives the M3 ... just couldn't let the M3 go!). I am now waiting for the Blue Sapphire Cayman S (PDK, PASM, PTV, PSE, Sport Chrono ...whats with all these abbreviations with P-Cars anyway?!) to arrive in December. A long wait similar to the wait I endured with the F10 but at least I've got the ocean tracking down now! The M5 is the daily driver and what a Jeckyll and Hyde offering it is! There is no way, no how that I'd let that car go! It is an amazing vehicle. When "The Croc" arrives, it will be the weekend toy with occasional track use. As has been stated, these cars have very different use cases ... if you are after an amazing sports car experience, consider a Porsche but be prepared for it can be an intoxicating and expensive experience!
Congrats on your purchase. Thought about the cayman S. Although I don't much about the 911 handling, I had the opportunity to drive my cousin's older cayman S (2006 model) extensively. Car handled like on rails.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #274
runningthingz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Frozen White M5

Is this a good deal? http://newportautocenter.com/Newport...-Car/21358421/
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #275
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I love it!!!!! What a car. The M5 was a great car, but the 911 is a total and much better driver's car.

The 911 has surprising better ride than M5. M5 has a lot more power; however, the sensation of speed, gear changing, and the noise from the back of the car is something that the 911 has and can't be matched from M5.

The car also feel much solid and better built than the M5.

Have I mentioned, I love my Carrera red full leather interior?

Here are some pictures of my new C4s.

09-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #276
delano
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 F12 & 2013 Rover S/C

Congrats Mike. It's been awhile since a Porsche design impressed me but that is stunning!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #277
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
I love it!!!!! What a car. The M5 was a great car, but the 911 is a total and much better driver's car.

The 911 has surprising better ride than M5. M5 has a lot more power; however, the sensation of speed, gear changing, and the noise from the back of the car is something that the 911 has and can't be matched from M5.

Very sexy dude!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #278
Hothonda
***EX-NSX***
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 TT

Not mine, but red interior works good here!

991 TT, 200 Land Cruiser
2 prior BMW 3 & 5 series & 2013 Limerock M3
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #279
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hothonda View Post

Oh my
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #280
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by efm9821
Ha! Another crosses over!

Yeah, EVERYONE I talked to says the same thing. The Cayman is THE most fun-especially on a track. I love how they look too! To be honest, I REALLY wanted to buy one but I knew that my wife blowing by me in the M6 might be too much-lol! I am not a track guy but after buying the 991 I think I am going to become one.

I love the styling and the whole concept of the Cayman. It was just the power that I knew I might not like as the 991 is just barely enough for me. I didn't even drive the Cayman for fear I might love it and then decide I needed more power. If I were a serious track guy it would undoubtedly be my choice even never having driven it just because I know how perfect my 991 does everything and how incredibly one-upped it must be on the track by the mid-engine Cayman. EVERYONE you see driving it in review videos just says "Wow!" after a lap or two!

Congrats! I bet you are extremely excited about this one!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #281
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
Quote:

That thing is just HOT!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #282
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningthingz
Yes. It is a good deal but the car in the pic is a 991 not a 977. Honestly, I don't think you can compare the chassis and overall radical improvements that Porsche has made with the 991. This is what is converting so many BMW guys. The simplicity of Porsche is still there but it has some nice luxury enhancements. And the chassis provides better handling, ride and appearance as well. I would not buy any 997 without driving a 991. When you put them side by side and look at them for me the choice is very easy.

The 997 is very nice but the 991 is just another level. At my dealer they had a white on black fully optioned 2103 997 Turbo S PDK with 1100 miles. It was a PERFECT top of the heap 997 and you see which direction that I went.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #283
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My cousin has the non cab, white and red interior.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #284
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

I wont tell you but that would be misinforming---I am confirmed and have first right of refusal. My build is already sitting on the GM's desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Dude we almost got arrested last Sunday ......the last thing you need is a GT3 revving to 9000 RPM!
I agree, a wild Coldlist killing the streets of GA.

Quote:
I had a 997TT PDK and its a great car- mine was a 2011 and the changes are not great from 2011 to 2013- It will be a fast amazing car but as Cold said, its the old chassis and the new is almost here. As for the price; no its too much, 15-20k heavy.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 09-06-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #285
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post

Have I mentioned how much I love your car?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #286
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Quote:

Oh my
Oh my. I will trade the car in for the lady. Hope front looks as good as the back. Lol